What to run on the boards?

5/28/14 @ 11:16 AM
ORIGINAL POST
hntesox
hntesox
USER since 1/11/02
Ok I am very new and extremely hooked on this. I went out for the first time this past week and went 8 for 10. 4 hos and 4 lakers. 1 laker was #21 So I'm curious what everyone runs on their boards. ie. Spoons, Flies, whatever... How about leadcore on the boards? I've heard any more than 3 colors will pull a traditional board under. That true?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
5/30/14 @ 1:32 AM
wwowgold
wwowgold
USER since 5/30/14
You can surf the Internet access to relevant data and information, and discuss with friends, maybe can help you, wish you good luck.http://www.fifa14cup.com

__________________ I have a dream,it is a fantasy forever.

Post Your Comment
5/28/14 @ 1:08 PM
John Schultz
John Schultz
USER since 3/14/14
I run everything from 2 to 10 color setups on regular off-shore boards without a problem.

I only run flasher fly setups on the 7 color or higher, but I typically stick to spoons on all my boards unless flasher fly is really producing on the riggers or dipsys.

Orange spoons up high. Yellows, blues, greens down deeper. My biggest fish last year was 24# and came on a full core with a pro-king magnum chilly willy spoon.

(608) 225-2395
Post Your Comment
5/28/14 @ 12:11 PM
sloshkosh
sloshkosh
USER since 3/30/04
We have run 10 colors of lead or 200 feet of 45# copper on the "traditional" offshore board. They will handle it just fine unless you have very rough seas.

Fishing high in the water column (25 feet and up) I go with spoons and I am probably looking for steelhead. NOt that a flasher fly 5 feet down wont catch a steelie but I have caught my biggest share on orange spoons up top. If your working the 30 to 60 foot range you can certainly put out a flasher fly, spoon, jplug you name it.

Edited on 5/28/14 12:16 PM
Post Your Comment