Twilight tip

8/11/18 @ 4:05 PM
ORIGINAL POST
fuzzyfishin
fuzzyfishin
USER since 3/26/07

I made the mistake and put wire on Diawa inner flow rods. My thought to still use these rods for dypsie rods is to put a twilight tip on the rod so I can still use them for braid dypsie rods.

I’m afraid that the wire may have cut into the rod tips. 

Your thoughts?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
8/20/18 @ 12:52 PM
fuzzyfishin
fuzzyfishin
USER since 3/26/07

Thank for your thoughts.

Will just use what I have this year. If I get out.

Look at roller rods or get a couple of twilli tips for other rods. For next season.

Probably just file13 the inner flo rods, or maybe see if I can shorten them and replace the tip of whicg looks like a plastic ball with a hole through it. 

Post Your Comment
8/13/18 @ 7:03 AM
Algomaskeeter
Algomaskeeter
USER since 5/31/17

Fuzzy, 

As a custom rod builder, I can tell you that the tip is not the only problem with what you are proposing. The material used to build blanks is much softer than even the cheapest, poorest made  guide ring material. Definitely NOT designed to be abrasion resistant to steel wire  

I would not want wire moving under pressure inside and against any form of rod blank.  I suspect it would shortly form a groove inside the blank under load. That would lead to a number of very bad things, culminating in blank failure. 

Post Your Comment
8/12/18 @ 12:31 PM
No Dak
No Dak
MEMBER since 2/28/16

Fuzzy you need to remove your old tips before putting the new twili tips on. The wire will not do any harm to the lower guides. Good move to go to wire.

Post Your Comment
8/12/18 @ 7:39 AM
sslayer
sslayer
USER since 6/9/06

Do you mean a Twili Tip? If so they are designed for normal rod tip replacements not a rod that is a inner guide style.

Here's a link on installing a Twili Tip.

Twili Tip Installation

Good Luck

SS

Post Your Comment