SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Solo launching at McKinley

4/3/18 @ 9:26 AM
INITIAL POST
kuw12388
User since 2/22/16

I know this is somewhat of a dumb question but I’d appreciate advice. What’s the best way to launch solo at McKinley when the piers aren’t in? 

Do you guys just beach the boat up on the ramp and park the truck. Probably answered my own question but any tips would be appreciated.

thanks in advance 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
7/22/18 @ 2:32 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

What is the launch fee ? Finally have a boat to go out again .

Thanks

4/10/18 @ 9:14 AM
smeylink
User since 2/3/08

We launch with two of us, but with fenders you should be able to tie off to the side so you can park.  Bring boots or lift and bring boat close to shore.  We had a guy slip last season when getting out and his hunting boot was soaked as he went down to his knee.  Haven't been out this season to that launch yet but was thinking a ladder would be nice on the N side of the launch to tie up and get out to get your trailer.  

4/8/18 @ 8:57 AM
blackbrd
User since 1/9/07

By the way did they clean up southshore yet or is it still unuseable

4/4/18 @ 11:57 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

South Shore is a Joke! Whoever designed the NEW launch area is An idiot!Sand builds up a foot deep with any wind! And they will probably increase launch fee!

4/4/18 @ 7:15 AM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15

Just a heads up, South Shore is in very bad shape with lots of sand. They had cleared it off a week or two ago and the sand has returned with the high winds we had over the past few weeks.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE