Shimano Telora rod tips

6/2/14 @ 2:56 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Xjarhead
Xjarhead
USER since 8/5/01
Where in the Green Bay area can I get a couple swivel roller guides tips for my telora rods. And do you know where to get warranty on these rods. I bought some from Fleet Farm but I'm pretty sure they wont warranty them. Any help is appreciated.
Edited on 6/2/14 2:57 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
6/2/14 @ 9:59 PM
Xjarhead
Xjarhead
USER since 8/5/01
Ordered a couple torpedo swivel tips from lake Michigan angler. Thanks for all the info

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 9:13 PM
playinhooky
playinhooky
USER since 4/10/03
Howies tackle in sturgeon bay will exchange them on the spot if they have them in stock. No shipping either! I know they were changing from a lifetime warranty to a limited warranty so get them in ASAP to be sure they are covered.

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 7:31 PM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
Anglers Avenue usually stocks the Torpedo guides. They are also a Shimano dealer so Russ may be able to answer your question about rods as well. The 333 is in town this weekend so he'll be out fishing a bunch so you might want to call and talk to him first.

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 4:32 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
Send them directly to Shmano

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 3:33 PM
Fishy5
Fishy5
USER since 12/31/12
Im pretty sure gander mtn sells the torpedo tips now... id call to double check

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 3:33 PM
Fishy5
Fishy5
USER since 12/31/12
Im pretty sure gander mtn sells the torpedo tips now... id call to double check

Post Your Comment
6/2/14 @ 3:25 PM
Grey Beard
Grey Beard
USER since 1/27/02
I think your only avenue for warranty is dealing directly with Shimano. I've returned a couple and got new rods. Problem is you pay shipping to them. I think Marine General accepts the warranty rods for exchange but that's in Duluth so either a long drive or mail fee.

I decided to go with Torpedo swivel tips on my 8' Talora roller guide rods. It was a little challenge getting the old tips off and lost a little length, <1". I like the Torpedo tips so far. See this thread for some more discussion.

Likely you will have to get your Torpedo tips over the internet. I think Marine General and Lake MI Angler have them in stock. I think I also saw them on EBay when I was looking.

http://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31551

Grey Beard

Post Your Comment