Sheboygan Harbor Kings....Where Are You?

9/1/15 @ 5:25 PM
ORIGINAL POST
swamphunter
swamphunter
USER since 2/12/02
Seeing direct results this year of stocking cuts. Harbor area fishing sucks, and when more lake trout are being caught than kings...you know its bad. Some guys are blaming cold water, but I don't buy it. When its time to run up river these kings go no matter what conditions. What are some other ports expierencing? So much for being a top king port. Boooo Time to prepare for bow season. Next year may be REALLY interesting. Sad
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 20 Posts
10/15/15 @ 10:49 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
MEMBER since 2/12/02
Not in any numbers. See a few still being caught but they are gray brown and nasty looking. Maybe good for eggs, but with the lack of stocking .... best to just let them drop and hope for natural reproduction.

Post Your Comment
10/10/15 @ 2:07 PM
Chemist
Chemist
USER since 6/17/01
Did they ever come in?

Post Your Comment
9/24/15 @ 10:32 AM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
MEMBER since 2/12/02
I have a buddy who catches 10# wally slobs down in Milwaukee. Wouldn't eat them though..............nor any other fish out of there. Puke Puke Puke

Post Your Comment
9/24/15 @ 9:54 AM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
There has been millions of Walleye stocked in the Milwaukee River over the years, no doubt there are some to be caught.

Post Your Comment
9/24/15 @ 8:00 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
I have caught a lot of nice walleye in the harbor and Milwaukee river fishing for trout. It is interesting to me because I do not get very many other accidental walleye catches on other bodies of water known for walleye, leads me to believe there are more around then people think.

Post Your Comment
9/23/15 @ 11:09 PM
TigerMiller13
TigerMiller13
USER since 7/23/13
Swamp I fish both Kewaunee and Sheboygan piers and I caught 1 Laker in Sheboygan so far and nothing in Kewaunee. Had a big king on in Kewaunee about 4 weeks ago but line gave out right when I got him up to the pier. Other than that i've had several bites on both Alewives and Spawn sacks but just couldn't hook em. Hope this helps you out brother. God bless and good fishing.

Post Your Comment
9/23/15 @ 7:58 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
MEMBER since 2/12/02
T...........what an idiotic statement. Walker derangement syndrom ring a bell? The DNR reduced stocking to try and head off the collapse that Lake huron suffered. The collapse was the result of the predator - prey imbalance. Anyone that spends any time on the water will tell you that the alewife population has been steadily declining. In order to allow the alewife population to rebound they have reduced stocking. As a sportsman, I have no problem with this strategy. Plenty of other species to fish for in our Great State.

Post Your Comment
9/11/15 @ 5:48 PM
T.
T.
MEMBER since 1/21/04
If you voted for Walker and Cathy Stepp ,You own it!!!!Enjoy! Crying

Post Your Comment
9/9/15 @ 6:18 AM
walranger5
walranger5
USER since 10/1/12
Yup it would be an awesome fishery with Perch and Walleye in the mix!

Post Your Comment
9/7/15 @ 8:23 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
You're correct on the Lake Trout not fighting, heck they're even worse than a walleye.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 20 Posts