SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

New rigger cables and terminal ends?

6/19/18 @ 11:03 AM
INITIAL POST
fishingfestus
User since 7/23/10

After 10 years of use, I finally decided it was time to change out my down rigger cables.  I also decided to update my terminal ends from the traditional snap swivel and cable stays to the Big Jon "Klincher" terminal ends.

I installed these Big Jon "Klincher" terminal ends and was amazed at how easy and clean they install but am now starting to get second thoughts as to if they have a good history as far as holding everything together.

Can anyone supply me a history of their personal use of the "Klincher" and make recommendations based on their use.  

You get significant cost involved with everything hanging down below on the end of that cable, and I want to be sure its protected as well as possible...

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
6/19/18 @ 10:19 PM
fishingfestus
User since 7/23/10

Thanks folks for the input and it is greatly appreciated.

6/19/18 @ 8:06 PM
Red Rider
User since 6/26/01

Been pulling 15# Salty Balls for years and zero issues, one has the probe as well. I also have done as Grey Beard stated. I did replace the snap swivel on one as it appeared to be getting sloppy. I just drilled the rivet out and used a new snap swivel with a stainless cap screw and lock nut.

6/19/18 @ 5:54 PM
Grey Beard
User since 1/27/02

I've used them for a number of years and same, 12# rigger wts and use on my Depth Raider probe.

A note of caution; I inspect from time to time where the wire enters the clincher because twice I have had a couple of strands that were broken.

Grey Beard

6/19/18 @ 3:54 PM
Annes Regret
User since 7/7/11
Been using them for many, many years without a problem. I have my probe and a 12 pound ball on mine.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE