Lowerance Radar

12/30/14 @ 7:36 AM
ORIGINAL POST
duktape
duktape
USER since 6/3/07
Is there anyone that has ran or is running the 3g or 4g radar? I have a older lc110 that I use for plotting and going to be using this unit to control my Garmin TR-1 gold and thinking of adding a Radar for safety reasons
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
1/3/15 @ 7:30 PM
justducky81
justducky81
USER since 7/7/10
I had the LRA1800 HD radar and decided last year to go with the 3G. Bought it from a large trusted internet dealer that gave me a deal I couldn't pass up, (pm me if you want their name). The only thing I can say about the 3G is it is incredible. I can track boats that I never could have with my traditional radar. There is no "deadzone" so targets don't disappear when you get close to them. Last year it was worth its weight in gold with all the fog. I run mine on the HDS 8 but am pretty sure it will work on your graph as well. One last thing, if you are looking for a basic radar go with the 3G as it will do everything that most boats are looking for. 4G offers some advantages like the ability to have dual ranges at one time but unless you are going to upgrade to a Simrad head unit, you will not realize these benefits.

Post Your Comment
12/31/14 @ 9:19 PM
NiteMite
NiteMite
USER since 9/16/01
duktape - I don't know if you can change it now, but try proper spelling and you may get more hits. GL.

Post Your Comment