SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

leadcore

7/21/18 @ 6:34 AM
INITIAL POST
fishinnutinwis
User since 12/26/01

when tying up leadcore , should you 'seal' up the sheath end somehow or just leave it frayed . wouldnt want to weaken mono or flouro with harsh chemical..

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
8/24/23 @ 2:38 AM
iechlisoes
User since 8/24/23
Use a double uni or an albright knot to connect the backing plait to the core. Both of these will accommodate a large king if the knots are tied properly and the drag is adjusted appropriately. Use two overhand knots to connect mono or flouro leader line to leadcore. Remove a few inches of lead from the leader's sheathing. Insert leader line into the gap and tie an overhand knot. YouTube contains numerous videos.
redactle unlimited
7/24/18 @ 11:06 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

I used a water based siliconized caulk to make it slip thru the guides better. The pic is of a willis knot; before and after.

7/21/18 @ 8:09 PM
Grey Beard
User since 1/27/02

I too have never sealed. It might pick up a little extra cottonwood seed with more fray near the knot.

Grey Beard

7/21/18 @ 5:33 PM
Red Rider
User since 6/26/01

I have never sealed it up and not had any problems.

7/21/18 @ 9:15 AM
sslayer
User since 6/9/06

A small drop of super glue applied to the leadcore end is what most do to prevent fraying of the sheath.

Good Luck

SS

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE