Lake temps

9/21/14 @ 6:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
If anyone was out today (Sept 21), or fishing tomorrow and has water temps (how far down 50 deg is) I would appreciate a bit of info. I do not have a depth raider and rely on instinct and the info I glean from posts. Not many getting out now, so less info out there. I was previously doing well on steel about 25 feet down in 100+ fow. Just wondering if this is still the case after all the wind. Going Tuesday out of Milwaukee. Again thanks! Jimmy
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
8/3/15 @ 9:58 AM
lvtofish
lvtofish
USER since 2/2/05
anything below 55 degrees is good. right around 50 is what I like

Post Your Comment
8/3/15 @ 6:14 AM
Mike Nitro
Mike Nitro
USER since 4/3/14
Is there generally a "desired water temp." to find in August? Seems like everyone is fishing in close right now due to cooler water and bait but what is the temp. to be looking for once the wind switches around?

Post Your Comment
9/23/14 @ 11:09 PM
luv2hunt&fish
luv2hunt&fish
USER since 9/5/11
Svitreum Everyday I have gone out I average at least one fish! I was by the condos in the harbor and seen a couple of big browns playing around so I pulled out my pearl tube jig for the heck of it and teased them a bit and bam me and my buddy watched it hit it! Such a beautiful fish just had to CPR it!

Post Your Comment
9/23/14 @ 8:52 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
Opted for Racine instead of Milwaukee as a passenger instead of "the navigator". We fished spots that had previously produced and came away with 3 very small fish (kings/brown). 53 on top and assuming similar temps throughout upper 25 feet. We marked very few large hooks and scarce bait. I have not shore fished for years and am wondering if the run this year will happen at all. I guess I am used to 5-10 years ago when a limit of kings for 2 guys took about 2 hours. Spoiled. A friend told me that there is no water in the weir in Racine and very few fish in the river. 12 years ago I caught 38 kings in 8 hours on the Root. Doubt we will ever see that again. Guess you are doing better than me Lonnie. I would love to catch some coho.

Post Your Comment
9/23/14 @ 9:00 AM
fishing_time
fishing_time
USER since 8/17/13
Water in Sturgeon Bay off shore in 180 FOW. 52 degrees suface and held pretty steady down to 50 FOW. Was 50 degrees between 50 and 75 FOW. I think the lake is still plenty warm to hold fish off shore, but the fishing has certainly been slower.

Post Your Comment
9/23/14 @ 12:56 AM
luv2hunt&fish
luv2hunt&fish
USER since 9/5/11
Jim the water temps don't matter now fish are being caught even coho are hitting on the pier!

Post Your Comment