SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Lake Michigan and greenbay fishing trip

8/13/17 @ 2:01 PM
INITIAL POST
fishinnutinwis
User since 12/26/01

After finally getting boat done ,, 22 Slvan ,, want to plan a fishing trip with daughter and grandsons Aug 18th thru 23 ..... Hope to target salmon and rainbows on LM and walleye on the Bay.. First three four days on LM , then to bay based on weather / winds .... Was hoping to get as much advice and suggestion as possible, which LL is good for ,, as where would you go  --- from Sheboygan  (fished before with success) north to say Baileys Harbor anywhere in between ... One area tho... I am sort of new to GL trolling , boat is rigged with mast planers and three DR .... just got 200 yards of leadcore to spool up ...have 14 rods plus two extra reels ....

As for greenbay walleyes ---- never been there , have no experience on this fishery , just would like to see boyz have some fun... would have all our walleye tackle that we use on inland lakes with success ....

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated ... boat issues have kept us off water ,,, really would like this trip to get my grandsons hooked into this new fishing Grandpa is addicted to ... Thanks folks 

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
8/26/17 @ 5:12 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Kewaunee has deeper water closer to shore than most of the other "West Coast" launches. On Green Bay I still find myself hand holding a bottom bouncer rod with a crawler harness. Don't need the same tech as straining the depths off Kewaunee but in a way more fun because you feel the bottom change to rocks and then you feel the fish bite. Kids like that stuff ....Best of luck fishing both.

8/17/17 @ 12:59 PM
fishinnutinwis
User since 12/26/01

Decided on Kewaunee --- mainly because of motel availabity ,,, anyway taking 'new' old boat out this weekend with daughter and grandsons to kewaunee for first LM trip of year...wondered if anyone could offer advice on tactics , dont have temp probe ...What I have to work with is 3 downriggers with stackers,1- 8 and 1- 10 color, 1 SWR and several regular trolling rods .... flashers dodgers flies spoons  stickbaits and couple small and mag dipsys ...... very new to this still , but went from using 16' Tuffy to 22' Sylan Offshore and all safety equipment of course, because I really enjoy it...Boyz had a blast with coho on Superior early season but boat has been down because I did upgrades/repairs and added a kicker motor --mainly for back-up ... 140 merc trolls well down to 1.2 SOG ....Would really appreciate your input/advice... PM if you want...Thanks!!  

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE