SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

fish attractant

4/19/17 @ 7:17 AM
INITIAL POST
glasseyes2
User since 3/29/16

being from Ohio we will use different scents on artificial lures to attractant fish. I come up and fish lake Michigan on occasion visiting relatives and I fish from bank, pier, and cast for salmon. This is during summer. Been doing this for close to forty years now. Have never heard of anyone using anything on crank baits or spoons and was wondering if anybody does actually use anything. I'll be coming up again in August this year and any little thing I can do to improve my chances of hooking up i'd like to try.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
4/27/17 @ 12:26 PM
diver hunter 1987
User since 9/29/09

I've used anis gel on spoons of the break walls.  Personally I think color, size, and retrieve have more to do with catching.  But had 1 day a buddy came down no one had a fish all morning he put some on a spoon and limited I used some that day and got 3.  I've tried it a few times after and didn't see much of a difference.  I do know you need to scrub the spoons off with toothpaste otherwise it smells sour.

4/26/17 @ 5:18 PM
Annes Regret
User since 7/7/11
I also use scents on the Great Lakes as well as pan fishing. I have a story. Two of us ice fishing and I was using scents on my baits. Buddy was not. After I caught my 10th fish he and he caught none, he asked to use the stuff. He started catching fish too. Palcebo effect, maybe. 
4/26/17 @ 1:02 PM
glasseyes2
User since 3/29/16
where would you order these from ? and would you use any one of those for particular fish ?
4/26/17 @ 12:12 PM
John Schultz
John Schultz
User since 3/14/14

I use scents frequently. Smelly Jelly and baitmate, and garlic tuna in brads. Artificial baits don't go over the side of my boat without scent usually.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE