does powder coating one side of a spoon change its action?

6/19/14 @ 7:14 PM
ORIGINAL POST
rodmaker
rodmaker
USER since 9/21/04
Powder coating one side of a spinner bait rig or a simple trolling spoon I would think that adding the weight of the powdercoat, as well as changing the surface of the spoon would affect how the spoon or blade reacts while being pulled through the water. However, I have never tried it and hoping someone hear has and can tell me what results they have had. thanks, Buzz
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
7/2/14 @ 1:59 PM
hntesox
hntesox
USER since 1/11/02
Just as I thought, It has no effect at all. I coated about 5 different spoons. Just the front. I left the back chrome or nickel and did the faces yellow. Looks good and they run fine.

Post Your Comment
6/29/14 @ 8:39 PM
hntesox
hntesox
USER since 1/11/02
This is so funny. I powder coat and I'm actually coating some tonight. I will let you know after I run them. I guess it will be fine. Eyes, stickers and paint weigh more than the powder. Manufacturers put that stuff on them anyway. I can't see how a few mills of powder will do much.

Post Your Comment
6/29/14 @ 8:39 PM
hntesox
hntesox
USER since 1/11/02
This is so funny. I powder coat and I'm actually coating some tonight. I will let you know after I run them. I guess it will be fine. Eyes, stickers and paint weigh more than the powder. Manufacturers put that stuff on them anyway. I can't see how a few mills of powder will do much.

Post Your Comment