SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Depth Raider Help

7/11/19 @ 12:28 PM
INITIAL POST
Skeeter 21
User since 10/14/17

I currently have a Depth Raider Drx-10 that has worked with no issues the past four years until two weeks ago when it suddenly stopped reading. My first steps were to replace the battery in the probe and re-coat the cable/probe connection. That didn't get it back up so I double checked the battery connection (good) and cut 5 feet of cable off and re-installed the probe the same as I had done previously, and then re-coated the connection (liquid electrical tape). When I turn the unit on I get the screen below for 5 seconds before it transitions to the "blank screen of death" in the second photo. Because I'd run it a dozen times this season prior to it failing I'm amazed that I can't get it to work. I should also mention that I run it off a separate battery to avoid any interference issues. Has anyone got any suggestions that I haven't tried?      

Depth Raider Help photo by Skeeter 21
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
7/17/19 @ 1:09 PM
Skeeter 21
User since 10/14/17

Firstly, thanks much to everyone who responded to my earlier post - all were great suggestions and if nothing else allowed me to eliminate a number of things that could have been the root cause of the problem. I'm constantly amazed by the amount of information that is willingly shared on this site. As everyone knows, fishing on Lake Michigan is a very unique and specialized game. A forum like this makes it possible for everyone to enjoy some level of success.  

As it turned out nothing I tried worked so I ended up contacting Curt Kell directly and he was good enough to take a look at my set up. It took Curt about a minute to figure out that I had a short in my antenna cable and was able to get me a replacement on the spot. I can't say enough about Curt's willingness to support his product and the level of service that he provides. That level of involvement is truly rare these days. 

7/12/19 @ 8:38 AM
Grey Beard
User since 1/27/02

I agree with Fishercreek to check antenna connection. I had my connector vibrate loose and similar issue. If that doesn't resolve it I'd contact Curt Kell.

Grey Beard

7/11/19 @ 9:08 PM
Fishercreek
User since 10/2/05

Bad antenna or antenna cable connection. Try cleaning the cable connections and verify continuity with a multimeter from the antenna coil around the downrigger cable back to the end of the cable at the display. 

7/11/19 @ 3:16 PM
cohoho
cohoho
PRO MEMBER User since 5/10/07

Try isolating the power wire. I run a 17' that I use for all fishing and I could not get rid of the blank screen until I ran the power directly to my trolling motor battery. When on the big pond, the raider is the only thing on the battery and it works great.

Hope this helps

7/11/19 @ 1:33 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I know this isn't the help you were looking for, but they would know better then anybody else.

Kell Laboratories, Inc.

6013 S. Railroad St 

Burlington, WI 53105

Office: (262) 534-2202

Email: [email protected]

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE