Great Lakes Fishing

Combining our info = better chances

7/19/19 @ 1:49 PM
INITIAL POST
swamphunter
swamphunter
User since 2/12/02

Fellow fisherman,

With this being a tough year for numbers and consistency, I thought it may help if everyone just explained the best producing rig/setup on your boat this season so far. (Most hits/fish caught) Maybe we can all contribute to helping each other put a few more fish in our boats for the remaining season.   Thanks in advance!

7 color with bloody nose spoon has been my "good" setup

Has taken everything except a brown or me this year so far

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
7/29/19 @ 12:52 PM
fishrepellant
User since 3/25/10

200 Copper with a Blue spin doctor and blue/green fly.  2-3 hits avg/trip.  Not always the best for a particular day, but always the most consistent.

7/22/19 @ 12:00 PM
CCA
User since 6/19/01

Weapon on 80lb. powerpro, got a few on bullfrogs but the aquas were the ticket last week, seems if they had just a few strands of little boy blue to mellow out the green it was hot.

7/22/19 @ 10:40 AM
Red Rider
User since 6/26/01

CCA ?  weapons on mono line or ripcord/power pro ?

my best has been green flasher with uv tape and one gloe green scallop with richards supper bullfrog on a rigger.

for what few I have caught they are all quality

7/22/19 @ 9:52 AM
CCA
User since 6/19/01

That's the problem, every boat trolls a little different. In 9 days of power fishing SAR, we had only 5 rigger bites, everything was on wire dypsey's and 8 oz. weapons back 110 ft. Never seen riggers not fire more than 5 times in a week, it was shocking to say the least. Best bait was a Dragon Slayer flasher with Rainbow Richards Double Legged Aqua flies.

7/20/19 @ 11:58 AM
SalmonRecon
SalmonRecon
User since 7/8/17

Have also struggled this year but a blue skittles flasher/naughty leprechaun fly down deep on a rigger (60-90 ft) has been the best setup for me. Blue/green spin doctor with naughty leprechaun fly on a dipsey also took a king my last trip out. Having trouble finding the bows this year! 

7/20/19 @ 7:23 AM
Rabbit
User since 4/22/02

4 color 6 inch chrome flasher purple gold howie coho fly old style had them make me up a bunch 2 yrs ago,  moonshine oscar, flounder pounder, physco. cop car coyote naughty leprechaun, trolling speed 2.4-2.7 depth raider old style.  

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE