MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Atwater Park Buoy #45013

7/11/18 @ 1:35 PM
INITIAL POST
sslayer
User since 6/9/06

Atwater Park Buoy #45013 

I was checking the Great Lakes Observing System Buoys this morning, specially the Milwaukee Atwater Park buoy (45013) and see that water temperatures readings are present from surface to a depth of 62 feet. (I'm probably one of the last know that temperature readings were added.) 

Anyway I see guys asking about water temperatures from time to time and figured checking the Atwater Buoy temps would help those wondering if starting in close is a good decision if the water temperature good.  

You'll notice these winds have brought the cold water back!

Here's the link Milwaukee Atwater Park Buoy #45013  

Good Luck 

SS

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
8/14/18 @ 8:05 PM
fishaday
User since 12/21/14
I like the color chart w a bit of history... Or you can click on any bit of information.. Glos.com not milwaukee UW site
8/3/18 @ 1:42 PM
Sunshine2
User since 12/20/01

The Atwater temps are deceiving. There are pockets of cold water around and one moved into that area. Still warm water in a lot of places shallow

8/2/18 @ 7:48 PM
sslayer
User since 6/9/06

The cold water is back! Shouldn't have to travel out to 200 FOW.

Atwater Park - http://glbuoys.glos.us/45013

Good Luck

SS

7/20/18 @ 1:06 PM
sslayer
User since 6/9/06

Temperature is nice but bait balls are better. 

Before sunrise I'd look for bait and hooks while at traveling speed. Once you find bait and game fish I stop and check the water column temperatures (top to bottom). 47 F is a good temperature for Kings. I'd put one SWR DR (lowest line) at 47 F and then use a 10' stagger on the other setups, (DRs, Dipsys, Copper or Leadcore).

Kings feed out of temperature all the time. I've caught many Kings where the water temperature was 64 F, the key was the bait was at 64 F water temperature.

Having some structure helps too.

Good Luck

SS

7/20/18 @ 7:27 AM
5walleyes
5walleyes
User since 3/12/10

Great find SS!  So if you are looking for kings, what temp range would you be looking for? 

7/12/18 @ 11:50 AM
X-Ray
X-Ray
User since 3/30/15
that was a great find.  I didn't know either.  Great info for those without a probe.  I know have 3 different book marks for atwater...............
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE