I've been trolling the big lake for a few years now and slowing upgrading as I go. I currently have a set of dual planer (1" x 6" x 24") boards now, but they can barely handle 2-3 lines with snap weights. I'm looking to build some new, more agressive ones, but in the hours of research, can't seem to find "the best" option. Some of the questions I have are:
- 2 vs 3 board?
- why does 2 board desigen have staggered back and 3 have even back?
- 6", 8", 10" or 12" boards? (does it matter if 2 or 3 planer design?)
- how much does the length determine the pull of the boards?
- why do 2 planer designs have adjustable spots for the eye bolt but the 3 planer designs don't?
- why do 2 board designs have rods in various locations, while 3 board design has rods located down the center of each board?
- why wouldn't everyone want to use the hardest pulling board?
- anyone have plans that I can use to make my new boards?
Thanks for any help.