24’-26’ cuddy recomendations ,opinions ,

6/23/14 @ 7:26 PM
ORIGINAL POST
boscrowe
boscrowe
USER since 2/28/09
Ive been looking at going to the next size up . I’ve always owned outboards . I like aluminum , and I’m up for a full restoration . I’ve restored boats in the past and also built a wood boat from scratch . So i have the experience to complete a 70s 80s restore . i like the starcrafts, and crestliners .
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
7/29/14 @ 8:03 AM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
Once you get past the 26' range many of the boats are true inboards and most in the 28' and up are either single or double inboards.

You'll be fine trolling Salmon with a single inboard engine however it will take some practice maneuvering the boat in close quarters or into a slip. It certainly can be done as a very good friend of mine has been running a charter for a long time with a single screw 28' Baha Cruisers.

Post Your Comment
7/29/14 @ 7:23 AM
hypovolemicshock
hypovolemicshock
USER since 6/20/11
I just picked up a 1971 Slickcraft this season. So far I really like it and I can troll to below 2 SOG or about 1.5 on my depthraider without using drift socks.

Post Your Comment
7/29/14 @ 7:06 AM
boscrowe
boscrowe
USER since 2/28/09
Does any one use a inboard for salmon trolling , use a kicker need info on inboards and salmon fishing . I'm having trouble finding info on the subject

Post Your Comment
7/29/14 @ 7:01 AM
boscrowe
boscrowe
USER since 2/28/09
I like the layout of the Chris Craft Catilina . But it's a true inboard . Can Any one shed some l

Post Your Comment
6/25/14 @ 7:04 PM
irishman46
irishman46
USER since 3/23/12
Bjorn,if your running out of things to do.Jimmy and I just picked up a 19.5ft Bluefin that needs to be set up for the big pond.

Post Your Comment
6/23/14 @ 9:58 PM
luckylou
luckylou
USER since 8/25/11
Lol on "ok". I seem to love the smaller wellcraft models as well as the trophy boats. Seem affordable depending on year model. They also have some nice weight to them without being "huge

Post Your Comment