#1 confident bait

7/8/15 @ 5:13 PM
ORIGINAL POST
swamphunter
swamphunter
USER since 2/12/02
Lets have some fun here: Pretend you are only allowed one rod on your next outing and absolutely have to catch a fish. What bait? We all have those few "slam dunks" and just want to see what some are. Mine would be a mag glow blue moonshine on a downrigger about 50 to 60 down. This rod goes every outing without question, and is always a king salmon of various sizes.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts
7/16/15 @ 7:17 PM
ShooterMcGavin
ShooterMcGavin
USER since 9/5/13
gotta jiboo 4 different setups depending on low light dawn or dusk, and midnight or midday.* *This post is assuming that we're talking about the #1 confidence bait for chinook

Dawn is my preferred prime time for screamers, so i would setup with an 11" uv/glow flasher paired with a larger profile glow riggle: a glow/uv white hoochie-fly hybrid on a wire or rigger down 45ft +/- depending on thermocline/time of year.

Dusk has generally been more of a glow spoon bite, mostly consisting of your cookie cutter 3 year olds, so the setup would have to be configured with a moonshine uv bloody nose or similar variant on a high line in relatively shallow. Setup is stealthily presented with a 3-5 color on a board or possibly a slide diver maxed out starboard side setting 115 LOC, targeting the 15-35ft range.

Midnight, referring to the low light conditions spanning between ~10pm-3am, it's been a proven limit every outing using another jibblin moonshiner. the uv dancing anchovy does the most damage on a terry rig, a combination of a double glow/green 8" flasher bleeding out sideways on a glow dipsy throughout the water column as often as possible anywhere between 20 and 70 feet down.

For the midday phils get yourself a chaw and drop an 11" uv/glow flasher on the swr riggered down in the 90 ft range with a twinkie & meat.

port & a beam,

Shooter Skippy Lou

Post Your Comment
7/16/15 @ 9:16 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
USER since 1/19/02
dipsy with reg pro-king glow cracked ice spoon, hammer!

Post Your Comment
7/12/15 @ 6:44 PM
Wing-A-Ding
Wing-A-Ding
USER since 1/8/02
Rhino46, I will bet you at the K/D Tournament that my go to lure will kick your behind. Give me one rod, one Fire Tiger Dipsey, set 3 right on Starboard, 100 LOC, Orange Dodger, tipped off with Howie LBB. Best King Slayer ever! :-)

Post Your Comment
7/12/15 @ 6:01 PM
Rhino46
Rhino46
USER since 7/18/11
2 color SWR with Warrior Mag Bloody Nose spoon

Edited on 7/12/15 6:02 PM
Post Your Comment
7/12/15 @ 4:03 PM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
It would have to be a 30# stainless wire line rod, with a pound ball (or heavier) rig and the flavor of the week flasher/ fly. The single rod constraint makes wire a slam dunk because hooking up various sized balls can get you fishing anywhere from the top, down to the deepest depths possible (without the expense of a downrigger).

Edited on 7/12/15 4:10 PM
Post Your Comment
7/10/15 @ 12:07 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
any spoon that is green on 10 color lead core.

Post Your Comment
7/9/15 @ 7:39 PM
luckylou
luckylou
USER since 8/25/11
Spoons: stinger dirty white boy on 5/7 color. Standard moonshine blue jeans any core/copper

Flasher fly: white/pearl coyote or hotspot with bullfrog.

Post Your Comment
7/9/15 @ 7:22 PM
The Big O
The Big O
USER since 3/18/07
Mine also is Moonshine Bloody Nose. Pulled night and low light kings on deep riggers and Bows on a Dipsy 50-60 back. My best producer which always gets ran. But a wise man once said "You catch your fish on what you run "

Post Your Comment
7/9/15 @ 11:25 AM
teamstratos219
teamstratos219
USER since 9/4/06
10 color lead on a board with UV moonshine bloody nose spoon

Post Your Comment
7/9/15 @ 9:51 AM
toyman2k
toyman2k
USER since 5/15/02
wire dipsy with green coyote flasher and green fly 28 inch lead with snubber set at 120loc catches all

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts