wilderness camping

3/31/14 @ 5:54 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ducks forever
ducks forever
USER since 10/15/07
I am planning a camping/fishing trip this summer and will be camping on an island I have a good idea of what I will be bringing what are some things you guys would bring along
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 44 Posts
8/27/14 @ 9:54 AM
pike eyes
pike eyes
USER since 12/28/10
Killroy hit it rite on the head. we do a 10 day boat out to a island trip every year. Keep it simple, you don't need clean clothes for every day. buy a tripod to cook over wood. I bring my small chain saw. Extra tarp is always nice. A can of lighter fluid,One cooler for food and one for beer. Freeze all your food prior to leaving. A bar of soap works good in your hair too. In WI always to remember to bring a hoodie. Remember its camping. Big Smile Big Smile Cool

Post Your Comment
8/24/14 @ 7:47 PM
Fargin_icehole
Fargin_icehole
USER since 1/12/11
I'm a pretty hardcore backpacker so I'm used to packing light, with all the amenities.One of my favorite/most important that I have is a water filter. Water is the heaviest, most space consuming thing a group will need. But you'll have to work for it. I recommend the MSR Miniworks. Next, a good machete. You can use it instead of a shovel for digging holes, and split wood with it. Among other things. That being said; The Manitowish waters in NE Wi are stellar. I can't find a link to the actual map I have, but if you look for Star lake, Little Star lake and Plumb lake along the Manitowish river, you'll find a ton of primitive campsites along the shores of both lakes and rivers.

Post Your Comment
8/4/14 @ 12:31 PM
Turtle Flambeau Flowage Association
Turtle-Flambeau Flwg Assn
USER since 12/23/11
AO: The Turtle-Flambeau Flowage has what you are looking for in wilderness camping. There are 60 free campsites with most on islands. 95% of the TFF is wilderness state land.

Click our signature below to access our website for more information and to order a free map. Big Smile

Post Your Comment
8/3/14 @ 3:51 PM
AO
AO
USER since 8/1/01
I was wondering if anybody knew of a good camping place in northeast or northern wi. I want something secluded where I can get away from the crowd and have some piece and quiet I also plan on canoeing and would like to canoe to my camping area. Fishing along with scenery would also be nice. I have an atlas and field guide but its not that easy to pick out of a book was looking for opinions. Any thoughts

AO

Post Your Comment
4/29/14 @ 11:13 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05
may want to consider some sort of cable locking device for some of your "essential stuff" as there could be "pirates and scavengers" lurking about.

Post Your Comment
4/29/14 @ 10:08 AM
4 reel
4 reel
USER since 12/9/10
Your favorite magazine ..

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 10:53 PM
ducks forever
ducks forever
USER since 10/15/07
A radio is in the list I also have a radio and vhf marine radio with weather band in the boat

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 10:15 PM
lota lota
lota lota
MEMBER since 7/12/01
A weather radio is helpful.

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 6:54 PM
ducks forever
ducks forever
USER since 10/15/07
I am not sure in the brand but i bought it at northern

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 6:58 AM
B Fish
B Fish
USER since 6/26/10
The best camping trips I had were when we went to Alaska Moose hunting at a selfguided drop camp by plane for 12 days. We were only allowed 60 lbs of gear not including you, your cloths on your back, & rifle.

We did it 4 years in a row and to be honest we never used some of the things we took.

It was great Smile

Edited on 8/28/14 3:37 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 44 Posts