SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Vacuuming or dredging out zebra mussles

6/21/18 @ 9:54 PM
INITIAL POST
ballerone
User since 1/31/10

Looking for advice or a company  to help vaccuum out or dredge out a channel entrance on the west side of lake winnebago.

Zebra mussles are building up and making the entrance narrower and shallower. 

Need help with this.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
11/27/18 @ 3:04 PM
Unreel
Unreel
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

I've seen it done on the west side by Kalbus. They dumped the zebras in a field and some of it went in the campground to fill in holes. He contracted with someone to do the digging. Most of it has filled in again.

We used to run in the water in bare feet at their beach back in the 80s-90s. Not anymore without water shoes!

7/13/18 @ 8:25 AM
whatsnew1978
User since 1/24/14

peterson companies, PCI dredging has done work on bago before.

7/9/18 @ 8:57 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

I am very sorry that I can't help you with your situation but you should be aware of something. It is highly unlikely the your channel would remain clear for very long, even if you could find somebody to dredge it out. The DNR built a nice little boat launch on the west side a few years back.In a few months it became unusable due to the zebes piling up in there. You can dig them out but they will just wash back in there. Good Luck! Mrt.

6/22/18 @ 6:12 PM
ballerone
User since 1/31/10

Assuming I have the permits from dnr.

Are there suggestions, ideas to do the work myself and how?

Or suggestions for  reputable contractors in the fond du lac -oshkosh area? Reasonable and fair prices.

Where can you dispose the mussles ?

6/22/18 @ 3:49 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

You'll need proper permitting thru the DNR. A reputable contractor won't touch the job without evidence of required permits

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE