Sturgeon Bay area campgrounds

3/7/15 @ 9:52 AM
ORIGINAL POST
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
MEMBER since 3/14/06
We are looking for campgrounds in the area! Nothing special, electric to plug in the battery charger and a fan if it's hot, and maybe a couple of trees! We have stayed at Potawotami but I'm sure all the electric sites are reserved by now. We have also stayed at Tranquil Timbers but they seem to have morphed to a motorhome / seasonal place. We're not bringing a bunch of kids so Yogi Bear is out! I think that small motel by Stevenson's might have something there but I don't think there's much for a "camping atmosphere"! Any body out there have any recommendations? Thanks!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
5/8/15 @ 3:22 PM
mastertangler
mastertangler
USER since 6/21/01
Depending on how far north you want to get....Wagon Trail campground up Rowleys Bay / Ellison Bay is nice. Great sites, very nice showers and facilities, quiet hours make it easy to sleep at night even with your windows open, and it's easy access to Rowleys bay for fishing, with a good bakery just a mile up the road as well.

Post Your Comment
4/18/15 @ 7:29 AM
MEMBER since 3/14/06
Quiet Woods seems to be Tranquil Timbers "South"! Sad

Post Your Comment
3/22/15 @ 8:33 AM
dufferfish
dufferfish
USER since 1/28/07
There use to be a campground quietwoods. Near yogi bears.I think there still there.Good luck.

Post Your Comment
3/20/15 @ 11:02 AM
MEMBER since 3/14/06
Anyone else camp in the area?

Post Your Comment
3/9/15 @ 12:23 PM
Coach Rob
Coach Rob
USER since 1/6/09
At peninsula State Park I have stayed in the non-electric sites but parked next to a shower and plugged in.

Managers were fine with that as long as I did not block traffic. Have not tried that at Potawatami.

Bayshore County park near Dykesville has electric.

I also have plugged in at unoccupied but reserved electric sites.

Not ideal but it works in a pinch.

Some of the bars and restaurants will let you plug in as long as you are in their establishment also.

Post Your Comment