Spring Hearings 2015

2/9/15 @ 12:04 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BeerTownFyreman
BeerTownFyreman
USER since 6/15/01
The questionnaire for this years spring hearings is now available for review online here: http://dnr.wi.gov/About/WCC/Documents/spring_hearing/2015/2015SpringQuestionnaire.pdf All hearings are held Monday, April 13 at 7:00. Here is a list of the locations for each county. http://dnr.wi.gov/About/WCC/Documents/spring_hearing/2015/2015locations.pdf This is also the time where citizen resolutions are submitted and voted on. If there's something you would like to see changed, here's a way to get the discussion started. Guidelines for submitting a resolution are here: http://dnr.wi.gov/About/WCC/Documents/spring_hearing/HowToWriteAResolution.pdf In addition, elections are held for membership of your county delegates. This is your chance to really get involved if you chose and run. Voting guidelines and requirements for running are here: http://dnr.wi.gov/About/WCC/Documents/spring_hearing/DelegateElection.pdf
Edited on 2/9/15 12:07 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
4/14/15 @ 11:42 AM
BeerTownFyreman
BeerTownFyreman
USER since 6/15/01
Had good meeting in Jackson Co. 60 people or so.

Both incumbents won re-election for the 2 open seats.

Voting results should be available online when tabulated.

Post Your Comment
4/14/15 @ 8:47 AM
LUV2HNT
LUV2HNT
USER since 11/3/03
Waukesha was 153 Sportsman to 17 people for the Humane for both 3 & 2 year terms. Glad Dave Poff & Tom Daluga decided to stay on for another term they are doing a great job.... No sportsman challenged them. Same tree hugger tried for both seats. If you don't want to stand up for who represents you, you will be sorry sooner or later.

Post Your Comment
4/14/15 @ 5:44 AM
duxup
duxup
MEMBER since 8/5/05
Walleye Wiz.....obviously you did not take the time to attend the meeting or even view the questionaire on line. Figure it out for yourself!

Duxup

Post Your Comment
4/14/15 @ 5:41 AM
duxup
duxup
MEMBER since 8/5/05
I to was at the Milw hearing and it never ceases to amaze me at the poor turnout of sportsmen. Of those 170+ voting, only 90 or so were hunters, the rest were the environmental crowd. We lost a 3yr seat and barely won the other in a runoff. We do have a voice and this is our chance to use it, yet less than 100 in Milw county can find the time to attend and vote on delegates and issues. The greenies, just like in general voting, are organized and turn out for the delegate vote (most leave after this). It is sad and we deserve what we get, yet many will complain about issues they don't like in these forums. If you don't attend and vote, frankly you have no right to complain.

Duxup

Post Your Comment
4/14/15 @ 5:25 AM
Walleye Wizard
Walleye  Wizard
USER since 6/23/01
Did they vote again on trolling ??? Puke

Post Your Comment
4/13/15 @ 10:14 PM
crobar
crobar
USER since 6/19/01
Attended Milw. Co. hearings. Maybe 180-190 in the audience with 174 voting on delegates. A lot of the environmental crowd attending , and with that we went to 2 runoff elections lasting about an hour. Interesting outcome. Wink Only small amount of discussion was on panfish limits. Ended at 10:10.

Post Your Comment
4/13/15 @ 6:57 PM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01
Thanks to links given here I filled out my answers before arriving at the meeting tonight and just filled in the blanks waited for the vote for CC delegates they ran unopposed so no vote and turned in my ballots and Im home with a 25 minute drive at 7:45pm. It will be interesting to see how the vote turns out in Walworth county. I estimated 40-45 in attendance and at least 20-25 appeared to be non hunters, cant say they were anti but my gut says non hunting. You don't have to invest a ton of time or energy to vote for or against the future rules regulations or conservation issues that will effect all of us. Please try to find an hour of time next year to attend.

Post Your Comment
4/13/15 @ 4:01 AM
redhook
redhook
USER since 12/25/09
Reminder to all, please attend your county meeting tonight.

Post Your Comment
3/3/15 @ 10:40 AM
BeerTownFyreman
BeerTownFyreman
USER since 6/15/01
Bump

Post Your Comment