Signs of Spring 2013

2/26/13 @ 1:07 PM
ORIGINAL POST
wingnut
wingnut
USER since 11/30/01
The Sandhills are back in Waukesha county. Yesterday afternoon about fifteen were flying north.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 95 Posts
5/3/14 @ 11:51 AM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01
Aspargrass is up!

Post Your Comment
5/2/14 @ 5:36 AM
sherm1701
sherm1701
USER since 2/29/08
So when does this warm weather get here??

"To summarize: • A warm end to April is expected. • A cool start to May is possible, but there are hints that the late April warmth may just carry over into May. More time is needed to investigate this potential. • A severe weather event is possible in the final 7 days of April, due to the upper level low in the West"

Post Your Comment
5/1/14 @ 11:33 AM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01
The pile of empty shotgun hulls that need reloading from winter shooting to get ready for the summer.

Problem is I need to make a path to the reloader in the garage first.

Post Your Comment
4/30/14 @ 2:23 PM
utahman
utahman
USER since 3/9/03
Just heard a loon flying over.sawyer county

Post Your Comment
4/19/14 @ 9:04 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Right . And I bet the Lk superior ice and northwoods snow have more influence up north. Will keep the temps down up there.

Post Your Comment
4/19/14 @ 8:52 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
"More time is needed to investigate this potential." ... like maybe 10-12 days? hahaha j/k

seeing a lot of green in certain farmers fields, and they are full of deer and turkeys in the evening...

Post Your Comment
4/19/14 @ 2:13 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
No we are far from entering an ice age, The weather we experienced this winter is geographically isolated. 1000 miles to our west, southwest and beyond the winter temps have been well above average.

As far as our spring, things are looking up for the next few weeks, forecast for upper midwest is bluebird weather except we may get a storm.

Long range analog guidance from the ESRL/PSD division, a special physics-based meteorology branch of the government weather service, indicates we will see troughing setting up in Western North America in late April as a strong upper level low drops into the Southwest, provoking high pressure out ahead of it in the Central and East US. This ridge out ahead of the upper level low will likely make for anomalously warm weather across the aforementioned sections of the country, a real treat in the face of such a nasty winter.

To summarize: • A warm end to April is expected. • A cool start to May is possible, but there are hints that the late April warmth may just carry over into May. More time is needed to investigate this potential. • A severe weather event is possible in the final 7 days of April, due to the upper level low in the West

Edited on 4/19/14 2:20 PM
Post Your Comment
4/15/14 @ 5:56 AM
fishs
fishs
MEMBER since 2/17/04
The Robbins are frolicking in the snow down here in SE Wisc. I think they like it.

Post Your Comment
4/15/14 @ 5:17 AM
Summers Off
Summers Off
USER since 5/9/06
I think we might be entering an Ice Age. Better plan on year around winter. Last week was all we are getting for summer.

Post Your Comment
4/13/14 @ 5:27 AM
Summers Off
Summers Off
USER since 5/9/06
Wife and I did our taxes. Puke

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 95 Posts