Seemingly more lack of concern for our Resources

2/27/18 @ 9:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

Where will this end? There should be widespread outrage about this. So sad. 

Tim 

Continuing politics in the DNR

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 35 Posts
11/9/18 @ 9:09 AM
Carpio
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

Cat.   What are The imported farm products that you are referring to?   CARPIO 

Post Your Comment
11/3/18 @ 10:20 PM
Edge
Edge
USER since 2/28/07

Well if there ripping out shelter belts, they deserve what mother nature has proven to why they were put there in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of greedy farmers who could care less about the wildlife and habitat. But the majority do care.

Post Your Comment
11/3/18 @ 2:38 PM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

For the most part, I don't feel people are in any way ANTI agriculture. Productive, profitable ag and good environmental practices do not need to be mutually exclusive. However, laws need to be in place and enforced which protect and preserve the environment for all citizens.

As an aside, the area I duck hunt in North Dakota is seeing massive bulldozing and burning of shelterbelts planted after the dustbowl years. Apparently the lessons from the 30's have been unlearned. Makes me sick...

Post Your Comment
11/3/18 @ 10:08 AM
Edge
Edge
USER since 2/28/07

The good old days.

Using 2,4D killed everything, plowing your ground and the snow banks were black from wind erosion, beating the ground to death so when it would rain the streams were chocolate milk. spread manure all winter long, drain wetlands and dig ditches. Use twice as much fuel per acre to get crops in. 

Explain to me why you are upset about cheap food and a much better method of farming today?

Post Your Comment
11/3/18 @ 7:33 AM
Edge
Edge
USER since 2/28/07

It's almost a joke that people are so mad over this project when houses and apartment complexs are going up daily. Turning woods and low lands into subdivisions.

Look at what happened around Petenwell when the land was sold around the lake. Hardly anybody cared and most wanted to get there grubby hands on it. 

Post Your Comment
11/1/18 @ 7:40 PM
icebelt
icebelt
USER since 10/22/13
Tell us about other damage, please. Farmers are better stewarts of the land than people. Let's talk about rotten septic systems that people neglect due to not wanting to spend on that. Once again a slanted view of a DNR employee. 1 out 9 jobs in this state are influenced by ag. Be careful what you wish for this is our states economy.

Post Your Comment
10/20/18 @ 4:07 PM
amaranthlost
amaranthlost
USER since 5/31/10

Talk to the folks in areas where high capacity wells are booming or where the large dairy farms are. There are a lot of issues. It's not all about hunting and fishing, it's about damage in other areas as well.

Post Your Comment
10/19/18 @ 6:54 PM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

Appreciate the optimism Cold Front but our state's environment is being threatened on many fronts in an unprecedented manner.  Many of the initiatives ( or lack thereof) are cumulative and take time to show their negative effects.

Just one example;  Groundwater aquifers in my part of the state are steadily being depleted by unregulated irrigation wells. Our AG, under the direction of the governor has disallowed examining the cumulative effect of wells in an area when granting permits for new wells. It is negatively affecting many of us living in the area.

We could also talk about lack of enforcement of existing environmental laws, the emasculation of the DNR and on and on...

Post Your Comment
10/19/18 @ 4:06 PM
ere
ere
USER since 2/22/07

Thanks for my dailly chuckle on that one. Not even gonna comment further on that.

Post Your Comment
10/19/18 @ 3:21 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

I don't know.... the air, water , fish and game all seem to be doing pretty good anywhere that I have traveled in the State. The wholesale destruction that was predicted must not have happened. I have even looked for all the chunks of fallen sky that you guys said would be dropping but I haven't seen anything yet. The state and the economy are  in the best shape it has been in my lifetime. People of all races and walks of life that have elected to participate in the recovery from past mismanagement and government over reach have improved their lives incrementally and hope to continue on that path. No, things are not perfect but they are way BETTER than it was. Let's keep it going. Mrt.  

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 35 Posts