Quickly catch squirrel

5/17/18 @ 3:27 PM
ORIGINAL POST
loretta1994
loretta1994
USER since 5/5/18

Squirrels are members of the family Sciuridae, a family that includes small or medium-size rodents. The squirrel family includes tree squirrels, ground squirrels, chipmunks, marmots (including woodchucks), flying squirrels, and prairie dogs amongst other rodents. Squirrels are indigenous to the Americas, Eurasia, and Africa, and were introduced by humans to Australia.

Squirrels are very quick, so catching them by hand is almost impossible; therefore, aborigines usually use trap to catch them:

+ Collect 2 small tree branches, tie parallelly in a tree. The lower branch is tied unstably

+ Below the lower tree branches, use a wire to make a trap to catch the squirrel after falling down from the lower branch.

+ After catching a squirrel, you can reuse the trap again to catch more squirrels.

To process squirrel in the jungle, you can try this way:

+ Find wood around you to set a fire

+ Wash squirrels carefully

+ Put squirrels on fire in some minutes, take them out to deplume

+ Use some small bamboo trunks to skewer squirrels and bake squirrels above charcoal

Just after a short time, you have delicious squirrels.

Hope this help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVxpEIJ_UMs

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
9/6/18 @ 9:06 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
I'd forgotten I'd posted on this thread...forgotten about it completely...so while procrastinating (surfing LL) and came across the title...My first and immediate thought was Boris and Natasha,Rocky and Bulwinkle.

Post Your Comment
6/19/18 @ 5:18 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15

Good points, cds.  Most of us surely know this.  Twenty one days w/o food, but only three days w/o water.  I can’t imagine any situation where I could be w/o rescue for 21 days. 

Edit - or survive 21 days if it’s not very favorable conditions, if I’m honest

Edited on 6/19/18 5:55 PM
Post Your Comment
6/19/18 @ 10:05 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01

If I were truly "lost in the wilderness" priorities would be clean water...clean water...stay dry...THEN food. Those foods would be first plants because I know a bunch and they don't move fast. Then it'd be water critters first if there was marsh or lake nearby. Frogs,crawdads clams... Then earthworms,bugs and mice. Snakes...Some things need to be cooked at least enough so I don't risk getting sick - crawdads and mice and clams for example. There's ways to boil (or almost boil) without getting too involved.

I can make fire without matches,lighter or the fancy Bear Grillis' knife with a flint. Bow/drill and very fine,flammable tinder. It's there even right after a rain.

Eat like a raccoon and you'll eat. Insist on being civilized (cooked red meat) and you'll lose weight fast.

Then either GTFO or stay put and stay and get more comfortable depending on the situation.

But if I had the twine or wire needed for the OP's set-up I'd be setting snares. Less humane more effective.

Post Your Comment
6/16/18 @ 7:04 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good 12 gauge in you hands kid

couldn’t have said it better myself

Post Your Comment
6/15/18 @ 10:34 AM
UFCreel
UFCreel
USER since 1/4/11

If not out in the boonies, Buy a few Victor Rat Traps. Put peanut butter on them. Then screw them to a tree. So the peanut butter is down. Set trap and walk away. Or you can always build one of these. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNltR4iCRCA

Post Your Comment
5/18/18 @ 1:49 PM
loretta1994
loretta1994
USER since 5/5/18
Let's imagine! One day you go to the forest, unfortunately, you have to live alone there without foods. Under this circumstance, you could try this way! So, hope this helps! : ) 

Post Your Comment
5/17/18 @ 9:57 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

You hope your post helps who? 

Hungry Bush people (looking for squirrels) living in the wilderness with access to the internet?  Lol

Edited on 5/17/18 10:02 PM
Post Your Comment
5/17/18 @ 4:10 PM
HotPockeT
HotPockeT
USER since 3/18/11

.410 guage is faster

Post Your Comment
5/17/18 @ 4:07 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Climb up a tree , and act like a nut. ;) 

Post Your Comment