Questioning authority.

4/16/15 @ 9:57 PM
ORIGINAL POST
GUS MAX 2
GUS MAX 2
USER since 1/30/12
I was out the other day and had the coast guard approach me and wonder if I would like a safety check and vessel inspection for my 2015 sticker. I said sure. They looked things over, and I was up to par for my sticker. He then went over some questions on boat safety and so on. He then asked me if when I get on the lake(inland lake with many people out) if I was going to put on my life vest and get my throwable device out from storage. I was honest, and told him I was being honest and would probably not do either. He then told me its a law to have my throwable "not concealed" while the boat is in motion. I was alone, and he was a nice guy, and we were having fun with each other bs ing, and I asked him, who was going to throw the throwable device when I fall out, and the boat is empty. He didn't know. He then turned a little bitter at me for questioning the laws of the land(water). Anyone else have stupid laws that almost get them in arguments with authority? He said he would have ticketed me if he pulled me over on the water, if I would have asked that question. Warned me if I was "nice".
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 92 Posts
5/2/16 @ 10:19 AM
PalmerTenderfoot
PalmerTenderfoot
USER since 3/7/16
"I was charged with obstructing an officer and disorderly conduct. I believe it was like a 200 dollar signature bond and I didn't miss work I had overtime built up "

Ok, I read the last 5-6 pages and have a couple of questions to ask.

1) Were you out on the water to actually fish or were you just on a you ride?

2) If you were out with the intent of fishing, why didn't you just tell the Warden, "hey, I'm not fishing yet, but I will be over off of Spot X, stop on over and I'll show you then"

I get what the Warden was doing, he was trying to save time by checking you before he had to. I also understand what you were doing, standing up for yourself. I've been in that spot a couple of times myself where I've been asked for a license as I relaxed in my boat baiting my wife's hooks and again as I was coming off my shore station to fish. Both times I asked myself this one question..."is the time I'm about to spend or are spending on the water, worth the hassles?"

It's a question I'm sure you asked yourself and it's one that each guy may answer differently, so there really isn't a right or wrong answer to this.

Post Your Comment
1/15/16 @ 11:22 AM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15
Kids these days. I tell ya'. Wondering

Post Your Comment
1/15/16 @ 11:03 AM
BigAL on BAGO
BigAL on BAGO
USER since 6/18/01
In late August, a young man (16) who just got his drivers license decided to scout some wetland areas for the upcoming waterfowl season. He parks his car just off the black top in a small access driveway to some public land. He left the vehicle for 5 minutes and upon returning he is parked in by a warden. He received a $262.00 fine for parking in a NO PARKING ZONE. (by the way...the fine for parking in the NO PARKING ZONE at the local hospital emergency room ambulance area is $90.00)

Another young man receives a $72.00 fine for wearing a Wisconsin Badgers baseball cap in a totally enclosed box/gun season blind while his blaze orange cap hung on a hook.

Both against the "law" Puke

Post Your Comment
12/3/15 @ 1:50 PM
Todd Young
Todd Young
USER since 6/25/15
I have a funny one here that is boating related. On a Canadian fishing trip a few years ago a friend pulled his PONTOON BOAT over the boarder to do some fishing with his family. Law enforcement did a boat check and he got in trouble for not having a "DESIGNATED BAILING DEVICE" on board...

Muddy Creek Fishing Guides
(724) 674-3839
Post Your Comment
12/2/15 @ 8:14 AM
whatup
whatup
USER since 12/9/01
They/He always have off the wall stuff to say. I think they argue just to argue as well. Seems to know everything about everything .

Post Your Comment
12/2/15 @ 12:41 AM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
MEMBER since 2/12/02
All I can say is wow ...........reading this whole thread was as much a waste of time as reeldrags actions.

I could't help but notice .............and I wonder if anyone else did...... the similarity and venom in both Reeldrags and dittos comments. AS IF THE TWO WERE ONE........

Hmmmmmmm.... The dictionary defines ditto as a copy............. could ditto be reeldrags alter-ego...........maybe a twin.

Stay tuned for their next wild adventure. LOL Lighten up people. Cool

Post Your Comment
11/30/15 @ 12:06 PM
Tommy Howell
NPAA105
USER since 7/11/11
My opinion, it's not protect and serve anymore, now it's how can I get you for something.

Tommy's Guide Service
(218) 403-1075
Post Your Comment
11/30/15 @ 5:29 AM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15
Happens every time I open carry one or two of my shotguns. Sometimes now I'll do it just for fun.

Post Your Comment
11/30/15 @ 1:40 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
I've encountered cops that thought open carry of shotguns was illegal and an arrestable offense. All you can do you is cooperate, get cuffed, and watch the officer get b!tched out by other cops at police station who actually know the law.

Post Your Comment
9/14/15 @ 7:23 AM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
I was charged with obstructing an officer and disorderly conduct. I believe it was like a 200 dollar signature bond and I didn't miss work I had overtime built up

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 92 Posts