Pass It On!

3/5/14 @ 2:54 PM
ORIGINAL POST
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
USER since 2/19/06
My idea is to have a discussion topic that centers itself around how we, as avid outdoors people, can better pass on our passion and traditions to the next generation of hunters, fishermen/women and trappers. This could include invitations for an open seat for a hunt or fishing trip, mentoring opportunities for youth and mentored hunts and other bits of advise for first-timers seeking to experience the great outdoors. Hunter Education discussions and Learn to Hunt programs couple be advertised and discussed as well as a place to seek out and recruit mentors to assist in passing on our knowledge of hunting, fishing, trapping and everything else related to the outdoors.......................
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
8/3/14 @ 5:44 PM
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
USER since 2/19/06
August is here and hunting season is less than a month away! Time to start thinking about what we can do to introduce someone new to the outdoors. If anyone wants help conducting a "Learn to Hunt " event, I can offer some advise and assistance. I have organized over 20 of these events in the last 12 years for 5 different game species. I am also looking to recruit individuals to become certified Hunter Safety Instructors. If your life revolves around hunting and passing the time till the next hunting season, I may be able to help with your affliction. Join the group of like-minded Sportsman and women who get to talk about and teach others about firearms and hunting year round!

PM me and we can chat...............

Post Your Comment
3/5/14 @ 8:45 PM
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
USER since 2/19/06
I know about Kamokids. I have spoke to couple organizers. They have a great network and program going............

Post Your Comment
3/5/14 @ 6:31 PM
flyguy329
flyguy329
USER since 1/25/06
If looking for something, try this out...

http://kamokids.com/

Their mission is the same reasons this thread was created. What is nice is that there is insurance provided that protect you as the outdoorsman if you do decide to volunteer time..

If you are looking for people to mentor let them know. I do know that they are constantly looking for new opportunities around the state.

Post Your Comment
3/5/14 @ 3:04 PM
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
USER since 2/19/06
Avid turkey hunters are once again needed to mentor first time hunters for the Annual "Learn to Hunt Program" being held in and around Jefferson County. Hunt weekend will be April 12th and 13th. Anyone interested, with 5 years of turkey hunting experience is asked to reply to PM me for details.............thanks.......

Post Your Comment