SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Morell Mushrooms

3/10/04 @ 12:02 PM
INITIAL POST
spoolingaround
User since 3/14/02
I thought that I would start this as a where and when topic. I really don't want to know exact locations. But county, day, month, type of area found such as hard woods, an old elm, etc. Also Strains would be helpful. Many people such as my self would like an idea as to of where and when to start looking. I personally have had very little success and would like to learn more. Thank You for any assistance.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 2,142 posts
5/15/23 @ 1:41 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
"seed" won't work.  They have a partnership with trees (elm and others).  When the tree dies, they sprout since they will not be able to stay alive without the tree.  Good chance they come back next year.  They can pop in odd places with no rhyme or reason.  They are fun and frustrating at the same time.
5/14/23 @ 4:22 PM
Shad
User since 8/27/01
I found a bunch of morels that were already brown near my home for the first time.  I have left them from mowing but I wonder if I let them be, will they come back next year?  Should I mow them now that they are brown or just let them die away?  I would like to let some go to seed and then hope to have pickings for many years?  Anyone have any ideas about this?
5/13/23 @ 9:47 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01
Our patch of morels are up and we have around 20 or so in our patch.   We will begin eating a few of the larger ones tomorrow.  We are very excited about them.  

Adams County, Wisconsin.

5/13/23 @ 1:35 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
Found 20 today.  Se minnesota.
Morell Mushrooms  photo by IceFishBaby
Morell Mushrooms  photo by IceFishBaby

Looking to dig into more data?

Step up and unlock historical postings by upgrading to Lake-Link Pro for as little as $2.99!

More Info

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE