Looking for ideas on logging road gates

9/14/15 @ 6:09 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Musclehead
Musclehead
USER since 7/10/01
Finally having some grading done to be able to get to my land locked cabin. Looking to get a gate up at my lot line to deter others. What do others commonly use? I've seen a few cattle gates on Craigslist. I could drop some timbers and do that, how would I secure the non swinging side? Some thick chain and a lock around timber? I'm thinking any kind of latch setup may not stay aligned for long due to the posts moving from frost and weight of gate. Any other ideas?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
11/10/15 @ 2:26 AM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
USER since 11/19/09
Use the cable. Also add Police Crime Scene ribbon. This yellow ribbon can be purchased at Galles. It may last for one time through deer season. They also have Hazmat, Fire Scene, etc.

Post Your Comment
11/9/15 @ 1:50 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Two large posts with a cable locked between them. Put a pile of rocks/boulders on the outside sides of the posts. But as the other guy said that will keep most people out, those that want in will find a way unfortunately.

Post Your Comment
9/16/15 @ 12:24 PM
musky1011
musky1011
USER since 7/4/05
Large boulders

Post Your Comment
9/15/15 @ 12:20 PM
duxup
duxup
USER since 8/5/05
Fleet Farm or Farm-Fleet. Both have tubular gates in various widths.

Post Your Comment
9/14/15 @ 9:16 PM
Edward Felcohands
Edward Felcohands
USER since 2/24/09
We do fine with a cable between two posts, and some orange plastic fencing hanging down so nobody cuts their head off on it, we keep it low enough so it's hard to get an ATV under, if somebody wants in they will ind a way. A cable is easily cut but so is a chain, or hinges for that matter

Post Your Comment