I think this was illegal

6/8/14 @ 5:03 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
This morning I was going to meet up with a friend at Governor Nelson State Park to head out onto Lake Mendota for some fishing. Keep in mind that this weekend was free fishing and State Park access. When I got closer to the park I saw that there were cars parked on both sides of the highway a half mile in either direction of the park entrance. There were 4 county deputies directing traffic past the park. They were not letting anyone into the park! It looked like there was some kind of running event going on. My beef is that public access to the lake was closed off which IMO violates the State Constitution regarding the Public Trust Doctrine. I feel there laws broken today. Tim
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
6/12/14 @ 4:25 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
they blocked off my public landing for a farmers market so i i got out of my truck mover the barricade and went through when the cop came i said he can pay for my gas then. He turned around and left that was the end never heard anything else since then they don't block off the way into the landing.

Post Your Comment
6/10/14 @ 8:19 AM
foosdog
foosdog
USER since 12/19/01
I am with you Tim! drives me nuts that the bicycle riders get such special treatment! No wonder they feel they own the road...

and arrg darn Ironman is coming up that ties everything up.

Angry

Post Your Comment
6/9/14 @ 11:12 PM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
USER since 11/19/09
Trying to keep everybody happy. Doesn't always work. Everyone has their own agenda, priorities, wants, and needs. We also have a planet that can only accommodate a certain amount of each species. Sorry, humans like to socialize, but we only want to do so with others that share the same interests. The current problem you had in Dane County is a mild simmer compared to what will happen as our population increases to the boiling point. Have a Nice Day.

Post Your Comment
6/9/14 @ 2:11 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
http://www.lake-link.com/Wisconsin-Lake-Finder/lake.cfm/1108/Mendota-Lake-Dane-County-Wisconsin-Boat-Launches/?view=Boat_Launches

...might help out in the future

doubt any laws were broken, but you could always check with the parks dept or DNR or whomever manages that launch

Post Your Comment
6/9/14 @ 7:32 AM
denesox
denesox
USER since 2/1/06
As long as you can still walk in, you still have access, just not convenient access. I'm pretty sure no laws were broken.

Post Your Comment
6/9/14 @ 6:24 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
USER since 3/8/04
Feelings are bad juju. Just move on and find another place to fish. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Edited on 6/9/14 6:24 AM
Post Your Comment
6/9/14 @ 6:10 AM
Mossy Horns
Mossy Horns
USER since 6/15/01
2014 Summit Credit Union Couples Triathlon Date: Sunday, June 8, 2014 Location: Governor Nelson State Park

Best advice is to make sure you check the web for local events. Not much you can do about a large race like that. They are almost always scheduled one year in advance.

Post Your Comment
6/8/14 @ 5:57 PM
Musky99
Musky99
USER since 8/8/11
Could you have walked in?

Post Your Comment
6/8/14 @ 5:43 PM
roofer
roofer
USER since 6/6/04
It's DANE COUNTY, nuff said