MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

How to remove a Tick the right way.

6/15/15 @ 6:51 PM
INITIAL POST
WillCFish
WillCFish
User since 4/6/11
I recently saw a report that there are more kids brought to ER for cigarette burns trying to get the ticks off than there are for problems with a tick bite. Two of the guys went into the woods to get a better look at an Eagles nest and came out with 17 Wood ticks and a Deer Tick, most not attached but I thought I would video this one on my Brother In Law. lol If they have been there a while they will cement themselve to you so pry up from the back end. They will also poop all over which is a good sign you have one in your hair if you see pepper on your fingers.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
6/16/15 @ 9:47 AM
huntfish
User since 6/16/03
I always twist them counter-clock wise and seem to always get them out with a little of your skin, which is good to know everything came out. Any other methods besides gasoline?
6/15/15 @ 10:49 PM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
The only posts he makes are "pay for click" youtube videos and he never comes back to comments on them. I'm betting he has a long list of sites he posts this crap on.
6/15/15 @ 7:55 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
Ticks used to freak me out because I did not grow up where there were any. Now that I live in central WI they are a pretty common occurrence, get them just in my yard, not even counting going in the woods hunting. I just yank them off and toss them aside. Guess its just gotten common now. I usually find them within a few hours though too, more conscience now to look for them. Worst thing you can do is burn them, they basically puke into you and everything they have you then get.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE