GENARTORS

3/26/16 @ 4:49 PM
ORIGINAL POST
shakey47
shakey47
USER since 7/15/05
hi,i am looking for gen. to run up north for charging a battery by using charger. mite run o2 machine off it also .how do figure out how big of one to get been looking at them two cycle ones .but unsure .just thought some could tell me if there any good or not.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
4/3/16 @ 1:11 AM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Honda EU is best gen on the market!! We have run them all at our lodge in AK nothing comes close for ease of use power fuel consumption. Best there is! I have run worm drive saws on them in a pinch. on eu setting we run an entire lodge lights fridge and freezer on one. And second one runs coffe makers toaster dryer and battery chargers and such and never ever had an issue. So for two gallons a day we power an entire lodge and when it's time to pack up for the yr we unplug them and take them back to town. Easy

Post Your Comment
3/28/16 @ 5:18 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
http://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/selecting-a-generator

http://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/recreational-generators

They sell these EU models at Fleet farm. These jennys have gotten small and popular so theyre easy to research online. Checkout Kens Sports in Little Chute, maybe the best price if they have in stock.

Post Your Comment
3/27/16 @ 7:12 PM
ere
ere
USER since 2/22/07
Honda 2000 for us, Take it to wyoming, uses very little gas and very quiet.

Post Your Comment
3/27/16 @ 9:32 AM
fishhook
fishhook
USER since 9/16/01
Sounds like the Honda 2000 generator would serve your needs.

I take mine up to Canada,while fishing at an outpost camp with no electricity. Whisper quiet,sips gas,& very easy to carry. I mostly use it to charge up boat batteries,but can do much more.

Post Your Comment
3/27/16 @ 7:15 AM
eyesman
eyesman
USER since 1/7/02
Determine the wattage needed to run the devices you want. That will dictate the size of a unit you need. Once you have a generator running one would be prone to plugging in more than the single item that was originally planned for, keep that added load in mind when choosing the size you want. If it would be used seldom a cheap off brand may be the way to go, just practice good storage maintenance. The 2 cycle units are usually small output, capable of supplying one device. They are lightweight, easy on fuel and relatively quiet. If you are going to use it frequently or for long periods of time an investment in a name brand with a Honda motor is the way to go. I have a Multi-Quip 6500 watt I use on the job site. It runs 8-10 hours a day for, at times two to three weeks. It powers a compressor, saws, drills and a variety of other equipment. It is 15 plus years old and runs good yet. The key to that is proper storage maintenance. It will use 4-5 gallons of fuel on a long hard day. It is a two man job to load it for transport, not that one can't but you will wish you hadn't.

Post Your Comment