Favorite State Park??

4/1/14 @ 3:01 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Hildy Boys
Hildy Boys
USER since 12/14/09
My wife and I have recently started camping and we really are enjoying it. We would like to start checking out some State Parks and I was just wondering which ones are your guys favorites? Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 28 Posts
5/13/16 @ 11:57 AM
velocity
velocity
USER since 5/12/16

My wife and I have camped at Peninsula State Park in Door Cty. We usually tried to stay at Wecklers camping area. Very clean areas, clean showers and toilets and close enough to the water, with it lapping up on shore kind of lulls you to sleep at night. 

velocity

Post Your Comment
4/24/16 @ 7:16 PM
kona77
kona77
USER since 6/20/13
Many of our favorites have been mentioned. We have been camping in Wisconsin for over 30 years and have made multiple trips to several of these parks ( Wyalusing, Point Beach, Peninsula, and Northern Highlands).

We also like Hartmann Creek in the Waupaca area and several parks in the U/P.. The Porcupines in fall are hard to beat. Have also enjoyed High Cliff,Devils Lake and Wildcat. I guess you can say we just enjoy camping period!!!

Still need to get to Interstate and Copper/Amicon Falls and a few others are on our bucket list. We are lucky to have so many great choices..

Post Your Comment
4/23/16 @ 9:34 PM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
USER since 2/4/09
Wyalusing was a awesome place. Didn't camp but spent the day there...fun!

Post Your Comment
4/23/16 @ 12:43 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Mr Milroy beat me to it. Site 40 at Interstate Park.

Tim

Post Your Comment
4/23/16 @ 6:16 AM
alcrumpler
alcrumpler
USER since 7/19/09
Bagley rapids nice little place twin falls if you trout fish.devils lake good veteran falls small but ok .north woods hides a lot of cool places.door county nice but cold water for those super hot days plus ok mushroom picking in spring boundary waters canoe camp fish awesome time.an many more all depends on what you are looking for hiking biking,family oriented, fishing ,boating canoeing, action an entertainment. Base camp.or tourist attractions many opportunities for all these

Post Your Comment
4/18/16 @ 1:35 AM
trouter
trouter
USER since 7/3/01
Copper Falls has the best waterfalls. The best sunset iid at Big Bay park on Madeline Island. It is also the most secluded.

Post Your Comment
4/17/16 @ 11:42 PM
Mr. Killroy
Mr. Killroy
USER since 5/3/07
Ah, loving the weather. Interstate park - St. Croix Falls is my favorite. Campsite 37-40 gives you SM bass all day if the the river is right.

Post Your Comment
7/27/15 @ 12:14 PM
Mr. Killroy
Mr. Killroy
USER since 5/3/07
Just an FYI, I didn't post that link to bash or complain about the state of WI or the WI DNR, it was meant to let people know that if they were planning a camp trip within the next 11 months they can save a few bucks by booking it before the fee increase takes effect.

Post Your Comment
7/27/15 @ 7:46 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
I was on the road recently. I haven't noticed the price of motel rooms going down either. I would be happy with a $6 increase over last year. I paid $15 less 13 months ago. Maybe somebody else should subsidize the costs of running them so I don't have to pay as much. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
7/26/15 @ 3:35 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Better start checking out the ones you haven't visited before they close. With no state funding, that's gonna happen. It's happened in every other state that has tried this failed experiment. Crying Puke

Tim

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 28 Posts