Detour 141 N Beaver to Wausaukee

4/14/15 @ 1:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
fishinfool1
fishinfool1
MEMBER since 3/14/10
I am heading up to Amberg and am looking for a shorter detour than 64 to 180. I know I can get into Crivitz on 141. Does anyone know a way into Wausaukee using town or county roads from Crivitz, hell I would even drive on dirt roads. I don't care about the lower speed limits, I just cant see driving 30+ extra miles on a detour to get to Wausaukee. I appreciate your help.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
4/15/15 @ 6:35 AM
woodturner
woodturner
USER since 2/12/04
My understanding is Hwy 141 is only closed north of Crivitz from Noquebay Rd to Smith Creek Rd as per DOT. There is other road work going on but traffic can still get through with some delays of course. Official detour route is basically for truck traffic due to weight restrictions on most roads this time of year. I'm guessing a driver shoud be able to take Louisa rd out of Crivitz north to Smith Creek rd and get back on Hwy 141, only a guess.

Post Your Comment
4/15/15 @ 6:04 AM
sherm1701
sherm1701
MEMBER since 2/29/08
Our cabin is near Amberg. At the traffic signals in Crivitz turn left. That is County Highway A. Depending on where you are heading in Amberg, you can stay on A all the way to Benson Lake Road. If you are going right into Amberg, stay on A until you get to the stop sign in Athelstane. Turn right on County Highway C. Take C to County V. Take V to Amberg.

Post Your Comment
4/14/15 @ 3:34 PM
fishinfool1
fishinfool1
MEMBER since 3/14/10
Hey Hunter&Hound, I haven't been up in few weeks, where I turn past the road closed sign, is that in Beaver or further up. Thanks

Post Your Comment
4/14/15 @ 2:16 PM
Hunter&Hound
Hunter&Hound
USER since 7/24/01
Drive through the road closed signs just before the bridge and take a right (go East), then the first left (go North), then back west.

Look at a map...it's really simple. I was just through there on Sunday.

Post Your Comment