CDAC county meetings

1/31/15 @ 6:00 PM
ORIGINAL POST
trouter
trouter
USER since 7/3/01
Have you been to a CDAC meeting in your county ?? Should they increase the number of deer in our county ? Should deer numbers remain the same ? Should the number of deer decrease in your county ?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
3/24/15 @ 7:32 AM
trouter
trouter
USER since 7/3/01
Our CDAC meeting for Adams County went smooth as silk last night. Public attendance was low. The committee deliberated about how fast to increase the deer herd.

The deliberations were thoughtful and the conversation pacific. The DNR provided us with counsel when we asked for it. So did the county forester.

But the committee itself lead the conversation and made their own decision.

Post Your Comment
3/18/15 @ 10:07 AM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
Went to my counties last nite. Whopping 9 people there. Same usual bickering.... I don't buy everything the biologist is selling, but my county is loaded with deer...a few of these guys still think we can't shoot many does. Luckily the committee landed on a good antler less quota number for next year. (At least in my opinion).

Post Your Comment
3/18/15 @ 7:42 AM
redhook
redhook
USER since 12/25/09
Crawford co. meeting tonight 7 pm community room PDC.

Post Your Comment
2/1/15 @ 8:54 AM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13
We had to jump through hoops here to get an increase for what that's worth. I was assured at the meeting that from now on the CDAC will set Antlerless quotas and not be overridden by the WDNR. We will see how long that lasts,it's a no brainier at zero now. Also I have heard rumors of a poll being taken to do away with the County units and turn the Northern Forest region into one large unit. That would be extremely convenient for the WDNR goal of extremely low deer numbers in my opinion. About the same as the bear zones which enables horrific management .

Post Your Comment
2/1/15 @ 7:18 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
The results look pretty reasonable. Nice to see that all of the northern counties are recommended for an increase.

Post Your Comment
2/1/15 @ 6:46 AM
BeerTownFyreman
BeerTownFyreman
USER since 6/15/01
Here are the final recommendations going to the N.R.B. approval in February I believe.

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/documents/cdacfinalobjectives.pdf

Post Your Comment