Carry of switchblades in Wisconsin

2/8/16 @ 1:22 AM
ORIGINAL POST
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
Anyone else excited for our newly acquired right to carry automatic opening knives? I already bought two
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 18 Posts
5/15/16 @ 9:47 PM
Mr. Killroy
Mr. Killroy
USER since 5/3/07

I would rather carry a ballistic knife over a switchblade, IMO.

Post Your Comment
5/12/16 @ 5:01 PM
velocity
velocity
USER since 5/12/16

Haven't you heard? You never bring a knife to a gun fight. So no.........I'm not excited.

Post Your Comment
3/4/16 @ 10:09 PM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
I keep mine scotch taped to my ankle just like Dirty Harry.

Post Your Comment
3/3/16 @ 9:07 AM
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
USER since 6/3/10
Lol, peeling back crime in your neighborhood huh?

Post Your Comment
3/2/16 @ 5:01 PM
beanbag
beanbag
USER since 12/17/09
This is what I carry.

Post Your Comment
2/19/16 @ 10:03 PM
fishhook
fishhook
USER since 9/16/01
I added a couple OTF double edge knives to my collection today.

Microtech Troodon 138-4

Microtech UTX-70 147-1

Post Your Comment
2/9/16 @ 11:45 PM
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
USER since 6/3/10
The only reason switchblades matter is now the nannystate can't say switchblades are illegal, and then define everything from a rusty butter knife to nail sharpener as a switchblade.

The best part of this law is " ... AB 142 repeals and prevents local ordinances more restrictive than state law which only serve to confuse or entrap law-abiding citizens traveling within or through the state ... "

All these BS laws are finally canned. My neighbor fell asleep at the stop sign 3 houses away from home after pulling a double 4 years ago; the PD tried to get him on DUI, when that failed they detained, and jailed him on having a "concealed" knife because he had a box cutter in his center console arm rest.

Post Your Comment
2/9/16 @ 6:26 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
Switchblades got a bad rap in the movies, as the weapons of choice of the big bad bikers portrayed in numerous flicks of the era

Think Hollywood doesn't have huge influence??

not saying Hollywood started the movement to ban them, but planted the seed of FEAR in an easily swayed public...

... think of all the "issues" in today's political scene... guarantee they weren't issues until some political hack/politician/ media started saying it was often enough to make the easily led public think it IS an important issue...

Post Your Comment
2/9/16 @ 6:14 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
Now I can legally carry the Gerber switchblade I have or my old Bali Song butterfly knife I hoarded away decades ago. I don't look at it as a self defense tool but just a handy knife that I can open with one hand. I have been carrying an AG Russel one handed knife for over 20 years, now I can just push a button. I don't carry it for a super heavy duty knife either, if I need to shop wood I'll just grab a hatchet.

Post Your Comment
2/8/16 @ 8:48 PM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
Me being under the age of 21, I can't conceal a handgun. With that being said, I have been open carrying a .45acp a lot lately. But sometimes when I'm going to places such as expos, house parties, and concerts where people are literally packed shoulder to shoulder I don't feel comfortable wearing a handgun externally. Even with a high quality rentention holster. In that case I do carry a bladed weapon. Usually my Bowie knife. Another awesome thing about the bill that was passed is that I can legally wear my Bowie knife concealed without needing my ccw permit.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 18 Posts