Campground Advice

7/4/14 @ 1:56 PM
ORIGINAL POST
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
I was wondering if anybody had any input on some campgrounds they could share. Taking an annual camping/fishing trip (2 buddies, no kids along) and we have decided to try a different area than we normally go to. We are looking at Big Muskellunge, Plum, Star, Razorback Lakes as possibilities. Does anybody have anything good or bad to say about any of these campgrounds to help us narrow our search a bit. We are just tent camping, and a spot on the water is not a necessity as we will most likely lake hop. Thanks!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
7/7/14 @ 11:18 AM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
Thanks for the info...I will remember the access info for Razorback. I've fished most of the lakes at some point (my buddy never has and hes looking for a change), just have never seen the campgrounds.

Ive got access to a cabin down the road from Buck, but we decided to go back to our camping roots.. Cool

Post Your Comment
7/7/14 @ 8:49 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
Razorback and Star are very close to one another. Both are really clear lakes, tougher to fish. The Razorback boat landing is very, very shallow. You are going to get wet getting a boat on and off the trailer. And the campground is on the shallow shore.

Not saying it is the end all, be all, but there is a good campground on Lower Buckatabon. Buckatabon Lodge. If you go there, you will have great bass fishing, great panfishing and trophy musky water. With a lot of weeds to fish as well as drop offs and water that isn't as clear as some that you mentioned above.

Never been there, but I hear that the Turtle Flambeau Flowage is gorgeous and has a ton of great camping sites on it. That would probably be as close to a true wilderness camp as you can get.

Lastly, I think that there are some nice, remote campgrounds in the Sylvania Wilderness tract up near Land-O-Lakes. Lots of lakes around there (for canoes/kayaks) that are full of smallies. Again, that would be a very remote experience.

Good luck to you!

Post Your Comment