Boat launch idiots!

6/26/01 @ 2:05 AM
ORIGINAL POST
goose
goose
USER since 6/16/01
Why is it that every time I go to a public launch I have to contend with someone who has no clue what they are doing? One time After fishing in the morning I get back to the launch, on lake winnebago in the big hole, and on one side of the dock I see a car and trailer in the launch, no boat or a person. I get to the dock and get out and look around and see a boat coming into the harbor. Didn't think much of it. Came back with my truck and trailer, just as two other rigs pull up to launch. I get my boat on the trailer and the boat I saw coming in behind me pulls up onto the trailer parked on the other side of the dock. This guy backed his rig in, got in his boat and went out on the lake without parking his car and trailer in the parking area!!!!!!!!!!! This launch is only a one dock two ramp deal. He had no problem with plugging one side with his car and going out on the lake! I'm sure we all have a few stories about jerks at the boat landings so here is a place to vent!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,787 Posts
8/4/17 @ 9:12 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04

Guy cuts in line exiting Delevan last Sunday and ties up in middle of dock while his buddy goes to get is trailer.  I ask him nicely to retie up near front of dock so I can tie up on rear while is geezer buddy goes and gets trailer.  Reason being I am fishing with three little kids and need to get my trailer too so we do not create a big gap in line.   I leave kids with boat and tell them to not let anyone hit my boat.  

Old guys get boat onto trailer and then the same old guy goes and starts untying my boat to pull it forward.  Mind you that I am backing my trailer in while this happening?   My kids told this guy to not touch my boat, but he apparently told them that he had to pull my boat forward so no one else had to wait?   I had my trailer in and met him on dock before he could even get it untied.    Have you guys ever had someone untie your boat and try to move it?   This just seems way out of bounds.   And he was obviously being super passive aggressive over me asking him to move his boat.  

Post Your Comment
8/3/17 @ 8:25 AM
scmuskies
scmuskies
USER since 10/14/03

Finally one to add here and it's a double whammy!  End of the day yesterday on Waubesa, using Babcock launch.  Four lane launch, I'm loading by myself so boat's on one slip while I go to get the truck.  An older blue/grey Procraft backs down into the slip I had the boat and proceeds to untie/load up right there.  Minor annoyance having to drive around to an open lane, but still a BLI move on their part.

sc 

Post Your Comment
7/16/17 @ 4:35 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

This Cap't's in trouble.

Wife and I were thinking about docking at Hagemeister Park on the City Deck for a drink and dinner this afternoon.  Thank God we were too tired after going to last night's game at Miller Park and just stayed home.

Preliminary reports say that the Main Street bridge is damaged as well.  Did the Exxon Valdez captain get his lisence back?

Edited on 7/16/17 4:44 PM
Post Your Comment
7/14/17 @ 3:36 AM
A5¢
A5¢
MEMBER since 6/15/09

After an impressive maneuver like that, ya think he might drop the lower unit a bit and try to power load it ?

Post Your Comment
7/13/17 @ 7:28 PM
poptop
poptop
USER since 10/1/03

All the words in the world can't tell a story like a picture does.!!!!!'

Post Your Comment
7/10/17 @ 3:29 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Bravo!

Post Your Comment
7/10/17 @ 2:15 PM
HotPockeT
HotPockeT
USER since 3/18/11

Pewaukee this weekend. Pretty sure driver was arrested for owi after that

Post Your Comment
7/6/17 @ 8:34 PM
mattw
mattw
USER since 5/6/16
So We were up in the Eagle River area on vacation and Monday my Mom and Wife decided to hit the local flea market, great I will take my boat and get some fishing. Headed out a few hours on the chain and then came back to the launch. Pulled the boat out and was in the process of securing everything to head back to the cabin. A couple came in and husband went to the truck and wife went to walk the dogs they had with them. So I am attaching my rear straps and all of a sudden hear a loud noise, I turn around and see the guy as he was backing out of his spot, nailed the back end of the trailer next to him, ripping his bumper cover off on the right front of his truck, I sat there finished my strap then look at the wife and can tell how happy she is at what he had done. So I walk down to look at the damage to the other trailer and didn't see much if any walk back to my rig and told the wife that I would be more worried about the damage to the truck since I didn't see much if any to the other trailer. Hopped in my van and headed for home 

Post Your Comment
7/6/17 @ 12:58 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09

I want to say that happened to my dad as well Vegas.  He was having issues with his and we realized something was turned off.  May have been the chart/plotter though, not the sonar.

Nothing too special at the launch for me this past weekend.  Just one guy who didn't trim his motor up and dragged the skeg across the concrete.  Luckily it quickly turned to gravel so he was just digging a channel after a bit.  He did stop, not sure if it was due to my arms waving or the motor jumping around lol.

Post Your Comment
7/6/17 @ 8:26 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Along the lines of fish locator idiots...buddy of mine bought a new graph a few years ago.  Very fancy, mapping, sonar, radar...etc.  Like a typical guy, he did not read the directions, just had the unit installed and away he went.

Called me up all upset because his graph wouldn't mark bottom, or sonar at all.  

I went over to his house, just knowing that the transducer was upside down, or that he didn't know how to "page" through all of his screens and find sonar.

Much to my surprise, neither was the case.  The place that installed the unit had shut the sonar feature "off".  All I had to do was toggle it back "on".

I wonder how many times those guys have done that and just had a bellyache from laughing so hard when the boat is picked up.  

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,787 Posts