Boat launch idiots!

6/26/01 @ 2:05 AM
ORIGINAL POST
goose
goose
USER since 6/16/01
Why is it that every time I go to a public launch I have to contend with someone who has no clue what they are doing? One time After fishing in the morning I get back to the launch, on lake winnebago in the big hole, and on one side of the dock I see a car and trailer in the launch, no boat or a person. I get to the dock and get out and look around and see a boat coming into the harbor. Didn't think much of it. Came back with my truck and trailer, just as two other rigs pull up to launch. I get my boat on the trailer and the boat I saw coming in behind me pulls up onto the trailer parked on the other side of the dock. This guy backed his rig in, got in his boat and went out on the lake without parking his car and trailer in the parking area!!!!!!!!!!! This launch is only a one dock two ramp deal. He had no problem with plugging one side with his car and going out on the lake! I'm sure we all have a few stories about jerks at the boat landings so here is a place to vent!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,793 Posts
9/6/17 @ 1:55 PM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
USER since 3/20/02

Now if you remember to put the plug in everytime how do you wash the mouse poop/pee from the inside of your boat?

Post Your Comment
9/6/17 @ 1:23 PM
Retired Yooper
Retired Yooper
USER since 8/9/17

This is more of a tip rather than a story. Drain Plug. When you pull the plug put it on the bungee cord on the transom saver. Then when you go to put the boat back in and you take the transom saver off, you have to take the plug off the saver. As long as you have it in your hand put it in the boat. You will, or should, never forget to put the plug in as long as you have it in your hand. It also doesn't hurt to make a quick walk around before starting to back down the ramp just to make sure everything is how it is supposed to be.

Post Your Comment
9/6/17 @ 1:21 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Actually, MSRP starts at $34,210.  That's without options.

Post Your Comment
9/6/17 @ 11:06 AM
A5¢
A5¢
MEMBER since 6/15/09

1up. Priceless.

Post Your Comment
9/6/17 @ 7:32 AM
1up
1up
USER since 7/22/06

Okauchee Golden Mast Saturday truck basically brand new 

Post Your Comment
9/5/17 @ 9:06 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

Docked at Stockbridge this Sunday Morning. It is a great landing that has 6 plus lanes and sits on a real nice Marina and has some higher ground around it. As we pulled in about 11:30, a couple of big 25 plus foot pleasure boats were getting ready to go out. A big blue one with probably a monster inboard or 3 fired up his rig and then idled out into the middle and sat there while he got ready to go. He sat there about 10 minutes and made us listen to his seemingly un-mufflered boat pop[ rumble and roar. It was one of the most rude moves I have seen in a while. It was so loud the you could not hear a thing as about 5 other boats loaded and unloaded. It was just not a little loud it was plug your ears loud. The dope could have easily motored out of the marina and waited in the lake. What a tool. You could hear that boat for 5 minutes after they powered up and left the area Mrt.

Edited on 9/5/17 9:07 AM
Post Your Comment
8/4/17 @ 9:12 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04

Guy cuts in line exiting Delevan last Sunday and ties up in middle of dock while his buddy goes to get is trailer.  I ask him nicely to retie up near front of dock so I can tie up on rear while is geezer buddy goes and gets trailer.  Reason being I am fishing with three little kids and need to get my trailer too so we do not create a big gap in line.   I leave kids with boat and tell them to not let anyone hit my boat.  

Old guys get boat onto trailer and then the same old guy goes and starts untying my boat to pull it forward.  Mind you that I am backing my trailer in while this happening?   My kids told this guy to not touch my boat, but he apparently told them that he had to pull my boat forward so no one else had to wait?   I had my trailer in and met him on dock before he could even get it untied.    Have you guys ever had someone untie your boat and try to move it?   This just seems way out of bounds.   And he was obviously being super passive aggressive over me asking him to move his boat.  

Post Your Comment
8/3/17 @ 8:25 AM
scmuskies
scmuskies
USER since 10/14/03

Finally one to add here and it's a double whammy!  End of the day yesterday on Waubesa, using Babcock launch.  Four lane launch, I'm loading by myself so boat's on one slip while I go to get the truck.  An older blue/grey Procraft backs down into the slip I had the boat and proceeds to untie/load up right there.  Minor annoyance having to drive around to an open lane, but still a BLI move on their part.

sc 

Post Your Comment
7/16/17 @ 4:35 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

This Cap't's in trouble.

Wife and I were thinking about docking at Hagemeister Park on the City Deck for a drink and dinner this afternoon.  Thank God we were too tired after going to last night's game at Miller Park and just stayed home.

Preliminary reports say that the Main Street bridge is damaged as well.  Did the Exxon Valdez captain get his lisence back?

Edited on 7/16/17 4:44 PM
Post Your Comment
7/14/17 @ 3:36 AM
A5¢
A5¢
MEMBER since 6/15/09

After an impressive maneuver like that, ya think he might drop the lower unit a bit and try to power load it ?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,793 Posts