SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

2018 Wisconsin Conservation Congress Spring Hearings

3/17/18 @ 5:59 PM
INITIAL POST
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10

It's almost that time of year again. The Wisconsin Conservation Congress Spring Hearings are April 9th, at 7pm in a county near you!

https://dnr.wi.gov/about/wcc/springhearing.html

There are empty delegate seats open this year (Marinette & Walworth Counties might have multiple). Counties like Dane, and Milwaukee always need a strong sportsman turnout to keep, and get hunters, and anglers on the county delegations.

Remember that you do not have to stay for the whole hearing. You can literally walk in, vote for delegates, fill out your WCC, DNR, and resolution ballots, and leave. The only people who have to stay until the hearing closes are the delegates, and DNR staff.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
4/10/18 @ 1:47 PM
duxup
User since 8/5/05

Attended Vilas cnty meeting...decent attendance, I guess 50+ probably. Good discussion on some of the new proposals, CWD deer transport, Xbows, group hunting, 50" muskie lakes, bass fishing, and the guide questions. Would also like to see more young people. I bet the average age was 45+. I think there were more poorly worded, incomplete, or poorly defined questions this year than any other year in memory.

Duxup

4/10/18 @ 12:51 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

Waukesha was same as most years with about 200+. Late people were still outside the door waiting to register as we were voting for new delegates already. The late people were upset they couldn't vote. Anyone who attends on a regular basis, knows the rules and the agenda. Same people with same concerns, mostly on trapping. X-bow season was pretty lengthly discussion and everyone was kept on track to not tell their life story, but just the ?18 opinion. It amazes me how few younger people are there and the majority is 40+ yrs old.

4/9/18 @ 10:12 PM
crobar
User since 6/19/01

Attended Milw. Co. hearings and glad I did. Big turnout for the anti everything crowd, but nice turnout of sportsman an woman. They were needed as one young lady running for delegate let everyone know she had not much use for white male sportsman. That did not go over very well with the over 250 in attendance, and she only received 28 votes. Otherwise had some lively discussion on use of crossbows, and movement of harvested deer within  72 hours. Both delegates voted in were sportsman approved with at least 132 votes each.

4/9/18 @ 12:37 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

All Waukesha residents!!! The Spring Hearing is at Waukesha West High School Auditorium TONIGHT and not WCTC like the past 25 yrs.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE