Youth Hunting License

9/9/15 @ 8:27 AM
ORIGINAL POST
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
My 10 year old son will start hunting with me. I am confused, on what license he needs. I plan on bowhunting with him, youth deer hunt, goose and duck and maybe a little woodcock and grouse. Does he need a license for all of these things? Or does he "ride" on my license?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
9/11/15 @ 7:53 PM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
Thanks for everyones help. I bought his tags yesterday. It looks like seperate deer tags and small game. So does he need a seperate waterfowl stamp, both federal and state?

Gosh, they don't make this easy.

Post Your Comment
9/11/15 @ 10:09 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
I think for duck he only needs small game and hip certification. But goose he needs to get the tags just like you.

Post Your Comment
9/9/15 @ 3:50 PM
cabinbum
cabinbum
USER since 4/1/10
you will only be able to use one gun though. just a reminder..

Post Your Comment
9/9/15 @ 2:38 PM
GreatOutdoors2001
GreatOutdoors2001
USER since 7/5/01
He will have his own limits, subject to the license he purchases. No different than taking a kid fishing, as long as he is legally allowed to purchase a license and pursue game, he will have his own limits for those affected species.

Post Your Comment
9/9/15 @ 1:31 PM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
So he will have his own limits as well then? The deer part I get. What about geese or woodcock? I know we are limited to one firearm, but will he be able to shoot his own limit, or part of mine?

Post Your Comment
9/9/15 @ 8:31 AM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02
He'll need his own licenses. Just go to the online DNR customer center. Everything he needs, or is eligible for, will be listed for him. Assuming he already as a DNR customer number. Their online chat option is very helpful as well.

http://dnr.wi.gov/permits/

Good Luck!

Post Your Comment