Wisconsin's Unmanaged Wolves

11/13/17 @ 10:35 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

A very interesting possible end around of longtime federal inaction on the out of control  Wisconsin wolf packs.

Edited on 11/13/17 10:37 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 31 to 40 of 498 Posts
2/2/18 @ 6:25 PM
Steve White
Steve White
USER since 3/17/04

Really phisinpool? what are you fishing for with that?  Certainly is not any meat products if that is what you are thinking.  Every LEO in the nortwoods knows my bear baits are 110% legal!

Being to big to be coyotes. Those are just dogs at large anyway. Since there are no wolves in those areas according the the WDNR!!!

Post Your Comment
2/2/18 @ 2:38 PM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

When the wolves are starving...........few deer and the small game vacuumed up.......the wolves love the bear baits. And also love jumping the bears that come in to the bait. We find so much wolf scat with short black hair in late summer early fall. Honestly at some points in the last few years there were more bears than deer though. Predators eating predators....and no two legged hunters needed. .....now  that's Wisconsin wildlife management at its finest. The Wisconsin Humane Society is so proud and I'm sure gives its stamp of approval to our splendid WDNR management.

Edited on 2/2/18 2:40 PM
Post Your Comment
2/2/18 @ 1:37 PM
phishin phool
phishin phool
USER since 4/5/08

Steve White, I am puzzled? The pics seem to show the (critters) are interested in something (?) concealed under the stump? Mind sharing?

Post Your Comment
2/2/18 @ 8:47 AM
Publiclandhunter
Publiclandhunter
USER since 8/31/11

Post Your Comment
2/2/18 @ 7:32 AM
Brother of the brush
Brother of the brush
USER since 1/22/12

I'd like to see the woof pay it's fair share of road tax.  They typically use roads more than woods trails.  And for that matter, how the he!! do they get away with road hunting, I thought that was illegal?  They walk our roads checking every deer run looking for a fresh meal and don't have to pay a cent.  Only in Wisconsin..

Post Your Comment
2/2/18 @ 6:44 AM
Steve White
Steve White
USER since 3/17/04

Few more of my friends.

Post Your Comment
2/2/18 @ 6:41 AM
Steve White
Steve White
USER since 3/17/04

A few more, and again the collared one!

Post Your Comment
2/2/18 @ 6:39 AM
Steve White
Steve White
USER since 3/17/04
Here is a couple. The collared one proves exactly what the DNR tells us. There are no wolves in that area!!

Edited on 2/2/18 6:39 AM
Post Your Comment
2/1/18 @ 11:13 AM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

We could give the WDNR a shot at managing mosquitoes and wood ticks...................

Post Your Comment
2/1/18 @ 9:33 AM
Publiclandhunter
Publiclandhunter
USER since 8/31/11
Nobody here has a problem sharing the state with wolves or implementing wolf management.

The tin foil hatters just like to point out "management."  When the wolves are delisted we will have a harvest based on the minimum population level.  Read how they come up with that number again and tell me how that resembles any form of competent population modeling.

The season will be closed in a matter days for most zones before quotas are met.  250-300 less wolves, a good start but really won't have any impact on the elk or deer herd.  You can call that wolf management all you want, I'll call it wolf preservation.  Outside of sturgeon and butterflies, I can't think of anything the DNR is somewhat okay at managing. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 31 to 40 of 498 Posts