Wisconsin's Unmanaged Wolves

11/13/17 @ 10:35 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

A very interesting possible end around of longtime federal inaction on the out of control  Wisconsin wolf packs.

Edited on 11/13/17 10:37 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 346 Posts
1/13/18 @ 9:44 AM
amaranthlost
amaranthlost
USER since 5/31/10

While I appreciate the personal attack there (really highlights your debating skills), I am in full favor of wolf management, I just prefer that whatever means used to restore the management to the state are not shortsighted and selfish. I have expressed again and again that the wolf population needs to be managed and that federal delisting is the proper method as that helps all states, not just WI whereas the Tiffany bill is a shortsighted workaround that will hinder efforts to federally delist and hurt MN and MI.

Edited on 1/13/18 9:47 AM
Post Your Comment
1/13/18 @ 7:23 AM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15

Perhaps, PLH.  We're still waiting to hear if the DNR can confirm it was a wolf castration.  

Post Your Comment
1/12/18 @ 7:54 PM
icebelt
icebelt
USER since 10/22/13

The more the better,feed the them elk or what ever the sportsmen can buy them through the DNR. Maybe put out Alpo too right Amanthrolooser.

Post Your Comment
1/12/18 @ 2:59 PM
Publiclandhunter
Publiclandhunter
USER since 8/31/11

Would that qualify the bull as a púßßy aßßed snowflake then?  

Post Your Comment
1/12/18 @ 2:22 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15

I heard the wolves bit his unit off before the genetics were passed.

Post Your Comment
1/12/18 @ 2:05 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09

The only update I have seen on the Flambeau herd is that one of the WI bulls was tending to some Kentucky cows so they think they'll be getting their new genetics introduced.  That was in Outdoor News.

Edited on 1/12/18 2:05 PM
Post Your Comment
1/12/18 @ 12:38 PM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

I'm very curious to see just what the 2017 wolf predation rates will be on the BRF elk herd. The actual collared rates.........without being blamed on parasites or we found calf hair so it couldn't have been wolves. Without the WDNR pro wolf propoganda.

Post Your Comment
1/10/18 @ 9:06 AM
Fishsqueezer
Fishsqueezer
USER since 5/19/06

I just checked they haven’t posted the July-December update. Definitely must have something to hide. 

Post Your Comment
1/10/18 @ 8:55 AM
Publiclandhunter
Publiclandhunter
USER since 8/31/11

An update on the Flambeau herd would sure make my day as well.  Not how many they release every year, actual herd levels.  Every time I ask the question in person out in the field they just ask me to stop mooning the game cams set up along the elk food plots.  Sad face, I have a fantastic tushi.

Post Your Comment
1/10/18 @ 7:24 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09

Look on the bright side.  If there are no deer the wolves will starve and their numbers will take care of themselves.  That's the one funny thing about the wolf argument, wolves need to eat so if there are wolves around they must have food around.  Now obviously nature works in more drastic population swings but I don't think we are anywhere near that type of thing happening based on the deer hunt results.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 346 Posts