Whisker lake Wildlife area, Florence WI.

11/27/15 @ 4:05 AM
ORIGINAL POST
OUTDOORCRITTER
OUTDOORCRITTER
USER since 2/5/12
Going up for the smokepole hunt. Can anybody give any helpful into to hunting this area. Thanks, OUTDOORCRITTER
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
3/6/16 @ 9:07 AM
ihookem
ihookem
USER since 11/29/01
WELL, did you see anything or not?

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 3:47 PM
OUTDOORCRITTER
OUTDOORCRITTER
USER since 2/5/12
I would expect none the less, being old and cranky in no excuse. Enjoy Annie's Puke

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 3:21 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
Farnorth calling people out for complaining........priceless.

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 1:52 PM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13
Put your boots on and take a walk to start? Wow ,getting cried up because no one will tell you their spots on a Lake Link public forum..............

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 1:01 PM
OUTDOORCRITTER
OUTDOORCRITTER
USER since 2/5/12
Is there anybody out there besides these two trolls commenting for lack of help. I'm looking for type of land not hunting spots, is it mostly hardwoods, are there swamps, is it a solid track of woods or are there trails for loggers. It's hard to tell from google maps. I already know about the hardships from the wolves, DNR etc etc etc. I've hunted the more southern edge of Florence County since 1984, just trying to get a feel for the northern edge.

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 10:26 AM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13
Honestly you could blindfold yourself and randomly pick any other spot in Wisconsin to hunt and it would be much,much better. The Whisker lake area doesn't get logged,and is filthy full of wolves . That and the WDNR with an assist from the County and State foresters are eradicating the deer herd just south of there. The hundreds of nuisance tags they sold the last few years for use on the nature conservancy have impacted the deer herd in the entire region . They will fill another 100 tags when the logging jobs start and the deer migrate into them to eat the tops of the downed trees. Good luck with the Whisker though.......try cutting a track and walking one down........it's probably your best chance.

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 3:03 AM
OUTDOORCRITTER
OUTDOORCRITTER
USER since 2/5/12
I guess it's more important to gripe then to help out a fellow hunter. BTW, I ate at Annie's service was poor and the food was mediocre at best. Continue to enjoy the outdoors even if it's hard to give a tip or two for a hunting spot.

OUTDOORCRITTER

Post Your Comment
11/27/15 @ 12:59 PM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13
Annie's is the best! Very very tough hunting in the Whisker Lake country.

Post Your Comment