The Best Whitetail Deer Books Ever Written

12/8/14 @ 8:37 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01
Bought an interesting book about 15 years ago titled "Bucks the Benoit Way". Details how this family hunts, and I mean HUNTS deer. Mainly stalking. Found it quite interesting how they do things.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts
12/29/14 @ 9:37 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Are the Benoits brothers still at it, hunting and writing??? I remeber reading of them in the late 1960s. They were often featured in Sports Afield magazine. So maybe this is their sons or gransons doing the book writing now. Back then they were stalkers and trackers, known for hunting in snowy conditions on huge tracts of land where trespassing never became an issue. Their style of huntng didnt sound too conducive to Wisconsin hunting which is mostly done on small farms and woodlots. Never the less, they just seemed like very persistent people able to take advantage of large woodlands and low hunter densities of that era.

Post Your Comment
12/29/14 @ 8:19 PM
qdmaguy
qdmaguy
USER since 6/14/10
I just got "Big Buck Secrets" by WI's own Steve Bartylla. Haven't gotten into it much just yet, but Steve is a great guy.

Post Your Comment
12/8/14 @ 9:05 PM
dad and daughter
dad and daughter
USER since 6/9/06
I'd have to say anything the Benoits have put out is incredible. True northern deer hunting at its best.

Post Your Comment
12/8/14 @ 5:49 PM
gooseslayer
gooseslayer
USER since 2/1/10
I purchased Quality Food Plots Your Guide to Better Deer and Deer Hunting By Kent Kammermeyer, Karl V. Miller, and Lindsay Thomas Jr. and it has become my deer hunting bible

Post Your Comment
12/8/14 @ 5:34 PM
qdmaguy
qdmaguy
USER since 6/14/10
"Grow 'em Right" by Neil and Craig Dougherty

Post Your Comment
12/8/14 @ 2:29 PM
drptine
drptine
USER since 6/6/07
No one no longer wants to write a deer hunting book. They are to afraid of all the negative feed back from lake linkers that they are doing everything wrong.

Post Your Comment
12/8/14 @ 1:51 PM
jch84
jch84
USER since 8/4/08
Hunting Northwoods Bucks, by Steve Heiting

Post Your Comment