Say NO to pink!

10/29/15 @ 5:00 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Bugeye1
Bugeye1
USER since 9/25/14
I'm just saying it's not a good idea! I'm color blind and hot pink is deffently much harder too see than blaze orange. I've heard what the so called expects say as far as color wave length but it's not accurate. I live it every day. I get the idea of trying to get the women involed but not with safety risks. By the way, I'm red-green color blind which most people are that are color blind is.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 28 Posts
11/24/15 @ 12:55 PM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12
Nicely composed letter Buckrub! Gets to the heart of the real issue which is lawmakers meddling in natural resources/hunting/fishing management with agenda's that are defined and motivated by political self-interest.

Post Your Comment
11/18/15 @ 3:40 PM
buckrubtaxidermy
buckrubtaxidermy
USER since 10/19/10
What I think it boils down to is fattening up a pocketbook. Little science behind it. A LOT of other things to worry about and help out with but that does not make a business or individual want to put money in campaign financing.

Wrote this article back in June. Enjoy. http://www.centralwisconsinsports.net/2015/06/blaze-pink-makes-little-sense/

Post Your Comment
11/18/15 @ 12:55 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
The main issue is that its just a ploy to try and get more women into hunting but it does not address any of the reasons why some women currently do not hunt. Not an issue if you can see it or not, but I would still stand by what I said as true. More of a side point that I don't care much about. Ice fisherman would know that if they ever had to watch tipups on a sunny day with orange flags. Wink

Post Your Comment
11/18/15 @ 12:31 PM
noodlerod
noodlerod
USER since 8/10/01
I remember when blaze orange was being discussed, and then instituted. Every one came up with brilliant ideas why blaze orange was such a bad idea. If you can't pick out blaze pink out of the natural surrounding's, please stay out of the woods. I don't want to be shot by some one that can't tell the difference.

Post Your Comment
11/7/15 @ 11:10 AM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12
Right on mikieb. I have been wondering the same thing. Another great example of the politicization of our fish and game regulations and management.

Post Your Comment
11/7/15 @ 10:08 AM
mikieb
mikieb
USER since 10/11/15
I think every one is missing the real argument over this whole pink issue...

The state legislature has time to debate blaze pink... back tag rules and preference points for bears....

I ask you WHY ?

What do we employ all these good folks at the DNR for ? They are all highly educated, smart and capable of running and making decisions for the good of the state wildlife and hunting and fishing on their own.

If the state legislature has extra time on their hands maybe they could spend that in taking budget balancing classes or maybe some grade school math class where they teach some subtraction and figure out how to spend less.

The state legislature needs to occupie it's self with a higher porpoise than the DNR rules.

Post Your Comment
11/6/15 @ 11:56 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
The dumb idea took a step forward yesterday when it passed the Assembly. On to the Senate. Worried

Tim

Post Your Comment
11/2/15 @ 12:09 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
Just goes to show that a degree does not mean all that much LOL! Been saying that for years.

What about the people hunting up north in snow? Snow already reflects light making it bright on the eyes. If the pink is lighter than the orange I'd think the pink would show up worse in that case.

Post Your Comment
10/31/15 @ 6:57 AM
shadrap
shadrap
USER since 7/19/01
Tim T- Thats exactly what im talking about. Thank you

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 28 Posts