Response on Wolf Bill

1/27/15 @ 7:38 PM
ORIGINAL POST
land man
land man
USER since 9/12/06
Here was my response from my congressman (Sean Duffy), to my letter asking him to do something about the wolf problem. January 26, 2015 Thank you for taking time and reaching out to me. As your Congressman, I work for you, so nothing is more important to me than your issues, concerns, and opinions, and those of your neighbors. Knowing what you think and need helps me represent you better in Washington. As you may know, the gray wolf was one of the first animals protected under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) of 1966. From near extinction in 1966, the gray wolf population has rebounded to more than 6,100 wolves in the U.S. and has repeatedly been a candidate for delisting from the ESA. In fact, as many families and farmers know all too well, gray wolves now pose a threat in various parts of rural Wisconsin. In response, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) in 2011 chose to remove the gray wolf from the federal endangered species list in the Western Great Lakes Region. Each state in the region was charged with developing their own plan to manage wolves. On December 19, 2014, however, a federal judge invalidated the FWS's action to delist the gray wolf in the Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin after the Humane Society brought suit against the government. In response to this court decision, I have co-sponsored legislation, introduced by Rep. Reid Ribble (WI-0Cool, that would require the FWS to reissue its 2011 delisting decision and would prevent it from further judicial review. This would put an end to the ongoing litigation that has undermined the delisting of the gray wolf in the Western Great Lakes. I appreciate your support on this issue. It is an honor and privilege to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns and address your questions. Please feel free to e-mail or call if you have any questions or concerns in the future. Sincerely, Sean P. Duffy Member of Congress This is exciting and I again encourage all of you to get behind Reid and Sean's efforts to fix this problem.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 Posts
1/28/15 @ 8:07 PM
muskrat30
muskrat30
USER since 10/14/01
Looks good to me.

Post Your Comment