General Hunting Discussion

Preserving the Outdoor lifestyle

2/19/18 @ 6:53 PM
INITIAL POST
Tree stand whacker
Tree stand whacker
User since 1/4/13

Hello Everyone,

I was kind of leery to make this post. For those of you that have seen me on this forum before you know I was apart of a different show for awhile. It was a great time, and I learned a lot but toward the end I felt myself loosing my passion for the hunt and the experience. Things just weren't the same for me anymore. So I knew I wanted to keep filming, I just didn't want to continue going the route of having a typical "hunting show." 

After talking with my family, I began to start an idea for a new type of show. This video is an introduction video to what my new show is, and why I am doing it. I think it is a very different concept that I hope more people can appreciate, and I know that I will get a whole lot more gratification out of. I was leery to make this post, because I don't want to seem spammy. But I would love to hear the feedback on what you all think of the concept and ideas I have. I appreciate you watching, if you think it sucks and you don't want to see anymore of my videos on here I will stop posting, but if some of you like it and want to see more I really appreciate the support!

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
3/11/18 @ 4:58 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

it  is  an uphill battle to do this. Most of the reason is you need good private land to hunt on . So much of public land is so poor quality when it comes to hunting. I have walked 41 miles so far after gun season , scouting a piece of public land for more deer stands. In 41 miles , according to the GPS and I keep close track of the miles, I have not seen a single rabbit . I have seen one squirrel, two coyotes together and three deer.   When I deer hunt the area, I see a deer one in four times I sit.  No kid is going to hunt that hard to see so little if all he has is public land. Most people that hunt private would completely give up.  The only reason I even bother is cause I love to be out there . I hardly even go to see a deer. I just like the challenge of seeing them and enjoy it. 

2/22/18 @ 12:12 AM
Tree stand whacker
Tree stand whacker
User since 1/4/13

Thank you hunting4keeps! That has been one of the most meaningful compliments I have received. I have completely switched my mindset from producing shows about "being a good hunter" or having a "successful" hunt to my true passion, getting outside and taking part in the outdoor lifestyle. Now that I have a little one following in my footsteps, it's more important that ever to set a good example and introduce the next generation at as young of an age as possible! 

2/21/18 @ 4:09 PM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

Just watched a couple vids on Youtube . Fun to watch ! Saw one about catching Whitefish on Green Bay . Appeared dare might have been som O dat Shlevo getting used !!

2/21/18 @ 2:21 PM
hunting4keeps
hunting4keeps
User since 3/13/17

I dig the videos and idea behind them Tree stand whacker! Preserving the outdoors lifestyle should be a priority to all of us outdoorsmen. The videos reflect your passion for passing down the lifestyle and I think you will inspire people with them. I agree, good stuff! 

2/20/18 @ 10:04 PM
Tree stand whacker
Tree stand whacker
User since 1/4/13

I have several other videos up, but here is another video of a pheasant hunt with my family. It was my sons first "real hunt" and my 6 month old puppies first hunt as well. There will be a lot more videos like this!

2/20/18 @ 9:37 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

I like it I am a old dude and do not watch any hunting shows for the most part.But if you do some of the things you talked about I will watch you sound real.Goor luck and keep im coming.

2/20/18 @ 12:45 AM
Tree stand whacker
Tree stand whacker
User since 1/4/13

I appreciate the support guys. I already have several videos up on YouTube. I don't want to overload the forum, but if you want to check them out their on the page!

2/19/18 @ 10:23 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Lol Manni, good stuff!!!  

2/19/18 @ 9:28 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Good idea. I dont watch many H and F videos they seem to focus too much on the big rack or the big numbers so i think you have the right idea. Years ago i watched Dan Small a lot on PBS he seemed to have similar ideas as yours.

2/19/18 @ 9:26 PM
Tree stand whacker
Tree stand whacker
User since 1/4/13

Thank you sir! I greatly appreciate that comment. I will say before when I was filming with the other company, my heart was always pure but at times I found myself filming and hunting for the wrong reasons. I never want to let that happen again, and I surely don't want to pass on the wrong attitude to my son. Hunting is in a fragile place, and I want to do my best to be an advocate for preserving this tradition I love so much. As well as introducing more people into this lifestyle!

2/19/18 @ 9:06 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

I completely agree, the best part of hunting / fishing is being out in God’s country with family.  

You seem like at an earnest guy with the right motives - best wishes!  

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE