Need advice on central WI

9/18/15 @ 2:10 PM
ORIGINAL POST
familyofhunters
familyofhunters
USER since 9/17/15
We're new to the forum but saw a lot of hunters on here. We have a land to hunt this year near Rome. (South of WI Rapids). We've been staying at the Shermalot hotel but was wondering if someone could point us to resorts or cabins in the area. While there's nothing wrong with the Shermalot, it's just a hotel room. I just thought there may be someone on here that's stayed in the area. Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
9/29/15 @ 10:50 AM
familyofhunters
familyofhunters
USER since 9/17/15
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. The CottageKeepers was way to expensive for us ($1600-$3500/week), but they were beautiful houses. Huntski's place looks perfect from the pics and priced similar to what we were paying for motel in the end. Hard to beat getting a full place with 3br/2bath for that. We'll see in October when we try it, but this sites really helped. We may look into this Maples as well as that's cheap too.

Post Your Comment
9/28/15 @ 1:07 PM
pike eyes
pike eyes
USER since 12/28/10
Maples,, 8 miles north of Shermalot hotel on 13.

Post Your Comment
9/28/15 @ 12:56 PM
pike eyes
pike eyes
USER since 12/28/10
maples motel 2 queen size beds, full kitchen, all ammenities, full bath. $59.00 a night. Wi Rapids. Dog friendly stay there in the fall often. Some locals call them home.

Post Your Comment
9/26/15 @ 9:34 AM
skihunt
skihunt
MEMBER since 7/7/06
FOH, There should be a Send PM next to my name, but here's my email to make it easier. huntski4@gmail.com

Post Your Comment
9/26/15 @ 8:04 AM
deskjockey
deskjockey
USER since 1/23/10
There is a website, Cottage Keepers, with homes available for short-term rentals in the area.

Post Your Comment
9/25/15 @ 8:18 AM
familyofhunters
familyofhunters
USER since 9/17/15
Thanks Skihunt, How do I email you? I don't see an email address but new to the site. Just let me know how to get in touch with you as we're interested.

Post Your Comment
9/24/15 @ 10:45 AM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02
Check out vacation rental by owner. I'm on the other side of lake from you and don't know of anything either. Sorry, best I can do.

Post Your Comment
9/24/15 @ 10:16 AM
skihunt
skihunt
MEMBER since 7/7/06
FOH, I'm not aware of any resorts/cabins in the area that run as a resort/business, but I get the inconvenience and cost of hoteling it. We have a 3 BR/2Bath cabin we've let friends use this year just south of that area as we have another house now. I'm not going to post pics or anything on here, but PM or email and we can discuss. It may work out for both our families.

Post Your Comment