Shopping for a new pair and looking for info THANKS
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts
9/5/14 @ 7:14 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
Fit is everything,

I tried a number of brands but the alphaburlys fit me best. Other pairs would fit other guys - and other feet - better.

There were also some irish setters on clearance that fit even better. They had minimal insulation....I felt a little silly buying both pairs but not THAT silly.

There are no absolutely "best" boots. There are only what's "best" for you.

Post Your Comment
9/5/14 @ 4:55 PM
red rover
red rover
MEMBER since 8/19/12
My vote goes to Bog boots...comfortable, durable and affordable

Post Your Comment
8/13/14 @ 9:13 AM
lovestofishnhunt
lovestofishnhunt
USER since 6/13/06
Swampman,

I do believe in trying to buy American if possible. I am big into organic foods. I try and grow my own veggies and hunt my own meat. I can and freeze like crazy over the summer so my grocery bills are down a bit during the off season. I am an exercise junkie so I work hard not to have to go the doctor. These are the things that I find important.

However, I just don't see these lack of "privileges" that some people talk about. Hunting here in WI, IMO, has never been better. I've been hunting since I was 12 and I am now 39. We have generous limits, little competition to draw a tag if any, and the license fees are cheap.

Like I said before, we would be hard pressed to not unintentionally or intentionally support something that could be deemed as controversial just by our everyday actions and buying power.

If you don't support Muck boots, its no skin off my back. If Muck is really supporting an anti-hunting cause, then shame on them because half of their products are geared towards hunters. If you decide not to purchase Muck, then you may be a better man than I, but I prefer comfy footwear when I am hunting. I hope you have a successful season this year.

Post Your Comment
8/13/14 @ 7:13 AM
Swampman
Swampman
USER since 7/23/01
If we just sit idly by as they take our hard earned money for boots made in China that may cost $15.00 to manufacture and give some of those profits to organizations that are against hunters, well don't complain when our privileges are lost.

I understand we don't know everything that large corporations do with their money, but when you do know, stand up and boycott them.

Post Your Comment
8/12/14 @ 8:32 PM
lovestofishnhunt
lovestofishnhunt
USER since 6/13/06
I've heard that was a bunch of internet BS.

I don't care who they support, the boots are nice.

It is impossible to purchase goods whether it is food, clothing, or just by donations, and not have some controversy attached to it. Donate to goodwill...the CEO supposedly made over 2 million in salary last year and its a non-profit. Buy anything Tyson foods related, now you support Mansanto and possibly inhumane treatment of animals and the degradation of hunting land due to the high price of corn (less CRP lands). Are you a duck hunter who uses Foiles calls? Well, he was arrested for hunting over his limits. Ever purchase Nike? They are sweat shop associated. I think you get my point.

Post Your Comment
8/12/14 @ 1:06 PM
Swampman
Swampman
USER since 7/23/01
Be careful who you support.

Here are quotes from another hunting forum:

"Muck was caught supporting Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). HSUS is one of, if not THE largest anti hunting groups." Muck is back peddling now in damage control.

"Honeywell bought out Mucks, original guy who started Mucks now has a new company called Grubs."

Edited on 8/12/14 1:06 PM
Post Your Comment
8/12/14 @ 9:20 AM
lovestofishnhunt
lovestofishnhunt
USER since 6/13/06
Hands down the muck boots. Lacrosse boots, at least when I wore them, were downright heavy. Muck boots are so comfortable and light and still keep your feet at a comfortable temp.

Post Your Comment
7/27/14 @ 8:12 PM
Steve @ G & S
Steve @ G & S
MEMBER since 6/15/01
It's really tough to recommend one pair of footwear over another. The reason is, everyone's foot is shaped slightly differently and what I might find comfortable, you might hate.

My suggestion would be to try them both on and walk around the store quite a bit before buying....

That being said, I had a pair of Muck Boots and loved them, right up until the day someone stole them off the porch....

Formerly Steve @ G & S

Post Your Comment
7/27/14 @ 2:54 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Another vote here for Muck boots. Never had Burly's but I can't imagine anything more useful for a wide range of things than a pair of Muck boots.

Tim

Post Your Comment
7/27/14 @ 11:50 AM
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
USER since 12/26/04
Lacrosse Arrowhead boots gets my vote. Smile warm, durable, light weight. Use them for everything.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts