Marinette Co land prices

2/17/15 @ 5:58 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Pike River Outfitters
Pike River Outfitters
MEMBER since 5/3/08
I'm looking at 40 acres that was logged 15 years ago. It's landlocked to the general public but I share a 220 yard property line with it. No road frontage , no power or water . Just hunting land . I would consider it high land . Was wondering if anyone Has bought similar land in Marinette Co and what was paid per acre? Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
2/24/15 @ 11:23 AM
Cheeshead74
Cheeshead74
USER since 4/3/11
We were faced with a similar opportunity in southern Oneida county. I think we got a deal paying in the low 30s for a 40 acre parcel similar to what you describe.

Post Your Comment
2/24/15 @ 5:22 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Pike, I think the value of wood land would depend upon several factors. Is the land clearcut or selectively logged? Is the timber conifers, aspen , oak, maple or beech? All these trees have different values. Quality hardwoods have more value than conifers. Size of trees is important too in evaluating the timber value. MOst people who buy/sell land look at the economic value of the land since someday youre going to want to recoup your investment. Of course since the land adjoins your current land that makes it more valueable to you.

Post Your Comment
2/20/15 @ 1:31 PM
muskrat30
muskrat30
USER since 10/14/01
Is it for sale now? Once you buy you get the tax bill too.

Post Your Comment
2/18/15 @ 6:28 AM
big mac
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02
My bag....sorry. Big Mac

Post Your Comment
2/18/15 @ 2:06 AM
big mac
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02
Be very careful of any land that is landlocked!!! Make sure it has an easement/right of way in the property description. And that it is "perpetual "(stays with whomever owns it! Big Mac

Post Your Comment